Pretty sure I'm going to regret to this but | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pretty sure I'm going to regret to this but

BruceExploder

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Screenshot_20190917-173003.png

Placed a small bid and actually won this but have no idea what is going on with it yet going to pick up tomorrow I think.

Upon further inspection the secondary damage is mechanical. I'm guessing head gasket or something along those lines that seems to be main issue with these probably what's wrong but I guess I won't know till I pick it up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not much to regret at that price, once you fix the issues it will probably take good care of you.

Your right. I should have went and looked at it tho normally I do. I didn't think I'd win it so cheap

Your right. I should have went and looked at it tho normally I do. I didn't think I'd win it so cheap

You definitely can't lose if you part it out ;)

Best of luck with it. I hope it works out well for you.

You definitely can't lose if you part it out ;)

Best of luck with it. I hope it works out well for you.
I've seen parts vehicles sell for more than the total amount due. Could resell on craigslist and make money if it is worse than it looks.

I hope you’re pleasantly surprised!
The last three vehicles in my signature I bought for a combined total of $1000. (300, 200, 500). All were driven home. Keep the old Fords running!

I would buy it
I would like to save as many of the first gens a we can!
People still swear by these trucks, gen I are perfect first car, for the wife or just a backup vehicle

Ever since car leasing became popular, it looks like everybody drives new vehicles which are a year or two old. I'm curious about what they do with the vehicles which are over two or three years old. I rarely see anything old on the road anymore (except for the people driving). My vans are the oldest vehicles on my block (maybe even in my entire neighborhood). At one time kids took jobs after school to save up for a car. Now I see parents buying or leasing cars for their kids. The kids don't even know how to check oil (I'm sure that the parents can't check it either). Things have changed since I was a kid.

Back