Part number request/part name

Brem95

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Explorer Sport OHV
Hey everyone, I am slowly picking up the missing parts for my 97 explorer sport. I am having a hard time finding the part name/number for the driver side seat adjustment trim. Attached is a photo of the part itself on passenger side.

TIA

IMG_3823.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

See if it is molded into the back of it, though personally I would pick up one at a junkyard if you can find it there, or if yours is just bowed out a bit, try clamping it in a little of the opposite bend direction after heating it with a hairdryer, or heat gun at greater distance.

See if it is molded into the back of it, though personally I would pick up one at a junkyard if you can find it there, or if yours is just bowed out a bit, try clamping it in a little of the opposite bend direction after heating it with a hairdryer, or heat gun at greater distance.
Thanks for the reply, the driver side is missing and I haven’t been able to locate this trim piece at the salvage yard because everything seems to be for power seats

Pull the passenger side and see if there is a part number molded into the back of it. Ford usually used the same number with only the last digit being one digit higher or lower to designate RH or LH.

As you discovered with a sport it's slim pickens ...and then I believe the 98 and up sports where mainly electric seats...I could be wrong here.
How bad do you want this part and how much willing to spend?
I'm not committing to anything, but I do have to go by a local J.Y. for a Jeep part relatively soon and this place has 'your sport' ... Do you have Paypal account?
Click on link and then enter 'ford explorer' (leave out 'sport' in search) and the very last explorer is your vehicle (96 red one)...from what their website shows your part would be $13 U.S. dollars.... not sure what Ground shipping to Canada would be.... I've gotten some telecom parts from Canada and shipping wasn't too extreme...
Vehicle Inventory, Auto Parts | LKQ Pick Your Part Anaheim
I'm assuming there are not a lot of junkyards in your area....is that accurate?

Back