08 Explorer Window Tint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

08 Explorer Window Tint

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there you guys i got my front windows tinted with 38% sunguard diamond tint here in vancouver. I got 38% because its illegal to have any tint on the front window in bc canada i hope i dont get pulled over. But i see cars and suvs all the time with like 5% and 20% tint. will post pics later just wondering the tint looks great but the installer i think forgot to clean the very top of the windows where its in the channel, theres a streak there thats under the tint but its only noticable from really close like a few feet and when the window is down. do you think i should leave it or tell them to fix it what do you think. Its been on for about a day and a half and only know about the streak in the top because i put the windows down by mistake but only about 1/4 quater the way your suppose to wait 3 days to put windows down but i dont think i did any damage do you guys. Thanks and will post pics soon.

If you see the tint is affected by opening your windows before the suggested time (3 days), then I doubt they will clear up on their own. You will likely have to get them redone.

I had 30% installed on a car a few years ago as it's the maximum allowed here in Massachusetts. I was not impressed at all even with the black interior the car already had. Since 38% is even lighter, might be worthwhile not having any up front instead.

I doubt a cop would notice 38% so you're probably safe on that... unless it's obvious from your inflicted damage that there is tint installed.

Back