1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

It sure did! Don't tease, do tell!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here some pics I snapped in the morning had to run to the junkyard to pick up a straight intake tube worked out pretty good, more to come soon

B3B711C4-E6CA-4DC2-984C-C99E1161F677.jpeg

7A5C7387-0B52-44F8-AB5A-2763CAC971C3.jpeg

1D344F80-A83A-424A-8909-F1EE8AB7EA01.jpeg

DAC9FA0A-30D8-49B5-B531-F4433B808415.jpeg

I really like that setup! should ride awesome and with d44 spindles and wheel bearings it should hold up really well. I am very tempted to go d44 ttb if I didnt already have so much invested in my d35 (gears/ locker)
What kind of wheel studs are those?

the round airbox style intake tube is far superior to the 3 piece 91-92 tube! You will not have air leaks with that setup

I really like that setup! should ride awesome and with d44 spindles and wheel bearings it should hold up really well. I am very tempted to go d44 ttb if I didnt already have so much invested in my d35 (gears/ locker)
What kind of wheel studs are those?

the round airbox style intake tube is far superior to the 3 piece 91-92 tube! You will not have air leaks with that setup

rides way nicer and it actually has stopping power now, still need to order the new master cylinder. the intake tube fits good just rubs the apron on the inside, maybe ill trim it some.
the studs are 99 p3500 truck 5/8 studs was what i was able to find here's the link
Dorman Products - 610-429.1

here's a pic with the rear glass probably wont go on until i throw the 9" looks kinda funky
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

sweet!

What vintage Explorer does that intake setup come off of?

looks like 95-up 4.0 OHV setup

I believe it was a 2000 explorer I had to swap the ends and the actual sensor and it works fine

hey i still go the wheels tried to text u but u never text back lol

Sorry, I was down in Mexico last weekend. Hit me back!

Got the fuel cell in and Plumbed in its temporary location till it gets mounted correctly, pulled old tank and lines out , slowly but surely moving forward

F0AAD405-523B-4F93-8638-917EC74EF310.jpeg

New water pump showed up

6564E3B9-3987-4C17-9E88-2E543C6D6F6B.jpeg

Not trying to hijack, but can you just swap the intake straight across from second Gen to first gen?

Also, that doesn't look like a first gen water pump, or did I miss where you swapped?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not trying to hijack, but can you just swap the intake straight across from second Gen to first gen?

Yes. MAF are mounted in the same place, with the same bolt pattern so they are direct swap. Intake tube fits 1st Gen intake. Direct swap if your battery is no longer in the way.

Back