22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

Should be the same as the Flex info and pricing on my site, just need to be updated to the new mounting method.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not following where on your site that is located...

Not following where on your site that is located...

Click on the "Ford Flex/SHO/Explorer Sport/MKS/MKT"
look for "Megan Racing Coilover 2009-12 Flex/SHO/Taurus"

:)

The site is in his signature

I offer the coilovers for a little lower than that via PM and when they come out I'll be the only authorized reseller for the '13 SHO and Explorer sport. :)

Specific to the Sport or the Limited as well. It's the same setup i suspect?

Lookin good! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Do they fit flush? Got a back/side shot?

Thanks!

They fit almost exactly like the stock. I would've liked a wider wheel, but I went with the recommended max of 9". Since the tire wall is harder and shorter than stock, they appear *slightly* slimmer. IMO, if the wheels were set +5-10mm out and 10-20mm wider, they'd look perfect. But I'm very satisfied.

I don't have any great overall pics yet from the side or back, but i'll post em here when i take em.

2014 Explorer Sport: 22" Giovanna Mecca

Just got the new shoes put on today.

Blacked out look flows very nicely on the Sport so glad I made the switch.

Fun to drive and now I got it looking just right for me.

Painted calipers too.

29983917-FD84-46C0-AEA9-87CBDB17FAFF.jpg

I Likey! Five spokes are awesome, easy to clean, classic lines and lightweight. I saved about 6lbs per corner and the tires were much wider and heavier no doubt.

Thank you.

Just put away the stock sport wheels got a workout. They felt heavy.

I really like the look of the flat black and gloss black contrast.

Nitto 420s are the tires I went with.

Looks great, thank you for sharing. I'll have pics of my 22x10.5 KMC Districts in flat black posted Thursday. Hoping for a rub free ride home. Everything cleared but who knows under load....

I've spent a lot of time with aftermarket wheels and I am back to the 5 spoke for the reasons listed above and for easy cleaning. Nothing like having to wash a car and then spend an hour cleaning 11 spokes... Done with that, for sure.

Now I want a big brake kit, sadly for looks more than anything else. I wish the stock calipers were more appealing cause I would just paint them but I don't want show off such a dismal looking set of brakes...

Waxing and spending time on the rims and tires Tuesday I'll take another picture.

My new 22" shoes

Got my 22x10.5 KMC District wheels in flat black put on today. These have an offset of 28 and I am running 285/35/22 Nitto 402s. I am not lowered and so far no rubbing. Driving it like I normally do. Clearance is good all the way around. Less than 1/2 poke in front and maybe 1/4 if that in rear. I like it stock height and the truck really takes on a different stance with the deep concave wheels. I am happy I went aggressive despite what KMC told me, no rubbing.

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

Looking good man, Looking good!!

Nice mine look very similar.

I was going to say to lower it but I don't think you can without doing fender work .

wheels look good .

Tough to say. At the moment under load the back wheels would clear the fender lip by the natural negative camber introduces with weight. The fronts would probably require some work. I am working out my head at the moment how to fabricate some fiber glass fender flares that would replace the OEM black ABS fender "thingys" that Ford thought for some reason was a good design idea. The transition from paint to plastic doesn't look good even on black in my opinion. I'd have to get another, make a reverse mold of the OEM fender and then modify it to open up the stance. Not an overnight job.

kinda look like skinnier spoked Grand Cherokee wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice setup. A pair of rims I actually like. Usually some aftermarket ones look kinda cheesy.
With the OEM ride height it looks great too.

Back