94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Sport Full Width Dana 44 and 9 inch

Ok it's finally looking like something. This thing should be complete by the end of next week, so I am posting this in the registry instead of the projects section, I hope that's OK with everyone.

Front:Full width Dana 44 from a 78 Bronc with 4.88s and a Lock Rite
Wild horses coils, custom drag link and radius arms. Bronco buckets and stock track bar.

Rear: Full width Ford 9 inch, with 4.88s and a EZ Locker, stock springs and 4 inch blocks.

No cutting down here. There are pizza cutters on her right now, but I'm picking up the 35' Muds tomorrow.
(dead links)
Thanks for looking!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Traded even my old 74 Bronco that was welded to jackstands :p: I still have whats left of the green 75 so im not totally out of the EB game.

I am sick of big projects and just want something that runs and is wheelable. Little here and there tinkering is fine... but im out of the jackstand game. sureshot wanted another project as he gets bored with a rig quick after 2-3 trips. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to see it was sold to someone else from EF again! Nice choice, 1st gen green sports with 44/9" are the best explorers ever built!!!

Those were some nice ass welds in the first pics!

This is one of the nicest explorers on here good job One question tho. What does the wristed part on the ra do

It gets rid of the bind inherent in radius arm suspensions during articulation, which basically just lets it flex better. Its not needed on extended arms though... generally you either do wristed or extended.

Hey Wat brake lines did you use the stock ex ones or Wat also I have a d60or40 not shure but its on a 3/4 ton f250 with leafs how hard is it to make it coils thank you

I'm going in the exact same direction as u but am lost as hell after reading thread after thread on sases so any help or thought almost anything to help would be deeply appreciated

Back