A/C worked before they fixed my Explorer Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C worked before they fixed my Explorer Help

islandgrl

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4.
2000 explorer XLT V6 4.0 L
I had a mechanic change my Themostat housing and thermostat today and when he put it all back together the A/C is not running now, the blower works and when he touches an ohm meter to it and juices it the compressor kicks on but when he lets go it quits he said he was bypassing the switch what could he have knocked loose or not connected that would do this. I am a little ticked because he is mad that I told him to fix it but heck he broke it I had A/C when I went in there. Not to mention he tried to sell me a whole intake Manifold told me it was leaking when I could see it wasn't , just want my car back from him in running order...
Any suggestions I guess a female still means dollar signs in an auto shop if your not paying attention Sheesh:eek:

Sorry to hear about all that. Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately if there's no proof it worked before, you probably don't have much legal recourse. The repair he did shouldn't have damaged any AC parts but my recommendation is to have your system checked out by an AC shop, one with good reviews.

If the compressor won't kick on by simply turning the switch on, it is probably low on freon or there is a wiring issue. Wiring aside, it is entirely possible he damaged a line. You might be able to see oily residue around the damaged spot, but an AC shop will be more easily able to pinpoint the leak.

Back