Best Company To Buy A Remanufactured 4.6 From | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Company To Buy A Remanufactured 4.6 From

FarmageddonNRO

Reaction score
City, State
Anaconda MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4.6 V8
I have 238k on my current 4.6L V8 and am currently looking to purchase a remanufactured 4.6 to swap in my 2006 Ex. I'm looking at powertrain products inc online. Has anyone bought anything from these guys? They claim that their remanufactured motors are better quality than the original motors that came in the 2006, remedying problems from the factory and whatnot. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a renanufactured 4.0 SOHC. Delivery and packaging were fantastic. No problems at all with engine after 50 k miles, except that it is noisy (like all the rest of the 4.0 SOHC, I guess).

I thought I needed warranty work at one point, and Powertrain was right there and very helpful. No effort whatsoever to shirk the warranty. In the end, it was not a warranty issue. I have been impressed with Powertrain.

Good luck.

I bought a renanufactured 4.0 SOHC. Delivery and packaging were fantastic. No problems at all with engine after 50 k miles, except that it is noisy (like all the rest of the 4.0 SOHC, I guess).

I thought I needed warranty work at one point, and Powertrain was right there and very helpful. No effort whatsoever to shirk the warranty. In the end, it was not a warranty issue. I have been impressed with Powertrain.

Good luck.
Thanks much for the info!

Back