Hood Lettering | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's one minus about getting the lettering... getting the wax off in the crevices lol

DSCN0983.jpg

that's one minus about getting the lettering... getting the wax off in the crevices lol

I don't think that's wax, that's the paper backing that was on the letters, they're just temporarily stuck in place I think.
At least thats the impression I got from the original thread.
Buy yes, was around emblems can be a pain.

Okay so here are the pictures from the ford dealer selling the "sport package"

mms_picture2.jpg

In-Channel side vents

6bf95510-7628-423c-93ef-20f2df12bebf.jpg

Thoughts? Not sure if I like it or it looks cheesy...

mms_picture.jpg

Do these look like standard lettering from the online dealers?
Unlike the SEMA lettering which looks like it's a different font and in italics right?
Size looks the same to me...

mms_picture3.jpg

These look like the same lights I installed already

mms_picture.jpg

Unlike the SEMA lettering which looks like it's a different font and in italics right?

I'm not a fan of these letters on the hood, but these letters are definetely off, if anything, they should be in italic, similar to the chromed bar in the hatch

I agree, just doesn't look right

Okay so here are the pictures from the ford dealer selling the "sport package"

mms_picture2.jpg

In-Channel side vents

6bf95510-7628-423c-93ef-20f2df12bebf.jpg

mms_picture.jpg

mms_picture3.jpg

These look like the same lights I installed already
I think the letters on the hood look great

I would like to see a farther view of the side fender vent. But looks weird up close

Put the 2001 - 2004 letters on mine...

Attachments

• DSC02814s.jpg
    DSC02814s.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,069

What's different about the headlight that I'm missing?

Still not a fan, sorry.

I like the stock look myself. I think the designers did a great job, but that is just my opinion.
As for the front lettering, I suppose could come in handy if you were to forget what kind of vehicle you drive, as if the Ford emblem isn't big enough reminder already.
The brush push bar is great if you plan on adding a winch or running into things and will never need your airbags to deploy.
The side, non functional, air vents are good for something, but not sure what.

Eeeuuuuwwwwwww, dealer-installed sport package is all about sticking on high profit/low cost stuff.

I like the stock look myself. I think the designers did a great job, but that is just my opinion.
As for the front lettering, I suppose could come in handy if you were to forget what kind of vehicle you drive, as if the Ford emblem isn't big enough reminder already.
The brush push bar is great if you plan on adding a winch or running into things and will never need your airbags to deploy.
The side, non functional, air vents are good for something, but not sure what.

Stock look is fine... but some like a customized look...

and this push bar, by the way, does NOT negate air bag function. The mounting system is to the same main cross member frame that is the effective OEM bumber system. Same trigger points for air bag deployment are unaffected. And when you live in an area of touch parking people, the bars are an effective deterent.

Stock look is fine... but some like a customized look...

and this push bar, by the way, does NOT negate air bag function. The mounting system is to the same main cross member frame that is the effective OEM bumber system. Same trigger points for air bag deployment are unaffected. And when you live in an area of touch parking people, the bars are an effective deterent.

Where did you get the letters?

Where did you obtain the letters? Looks awesome.

E-Bay... OEM 2001 - 2004 factory letters....

Or :rolleyes: you could find a 01-04 junker and peal off those ones too...

@ Joe Dirt: Thanks, those are nice but too small for the hood. It'd work on the door if someone wanted to place them there I suppose.

@ SJR033: I'll definitely take a look, thanks for the tip

@ RandyH2: I emailed CGS Motor Sports about the lettering on the Hood and the Type of Rims they used on their SEMA cars and never got a respose. I guess they don't want to "share" their industry secrets or something :mad: Maybe a phone call will make them more "willing" to help out

I've already got a Lund bug hood shield but don't want to install it yet until I'm sure I can't get the letters. If I find the letters I'll just sell the hood shield.
I'm think about putting the lettering on the hood bug shield.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back