How long have you been lowered? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long have you been lowered?

It would have cost about $1,300 for the 4 yr/48,000 mile warranty. It would be nice not to have to go through what they make you do but this is what they offered me and $1,000 sounded good to me.

I have lowered mine using 2" blocks in the back as well as the torsion bar adjustment (about 1 1/2 in.) in the front. What kind of camber and castor should i run with these specs? Will my alignment shop provide camber adjusters, or will i have to purchase them on my own?

Also what length of swaybar should i get in the back?

Will my lowering specs, affect anything on my car as much as a 3-5" lowering job? I'd think not, but some might say that it doesn't matter how much you lower, and just that it'll affect the same either way.

Thanks...

Mines lower than that, I just took it to the ford dealership (actually the only shop that didn't ***** about me lowering) and asked them to correct camber and allign it. They did it without complaint, said they got it as close as the could but i'd still have a tiny tiny bit of neg camber as mine already had to be adjusted long ago because it had a camber problem stock. didn't bother me though, just better turning with my neg camber. Anyways, they provided the adjustors, it all cost about 100-150. As far as lowering and problems... since you didn't lower it that much, after a very long while your shocks will wear out. Other than that.... nothing unless your ball joints were already bad to begin with?

Back