Neons | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neons

I want to put Blue Neons under my '92. I have a few questions....

How many do I need? I was thinking 2. Is there a particular place they go?

Is there a common place to put switches in the 91-94s? Where do the wires go, and how do I put in the switches?

Lastly, what kind should I buy?

MATT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

matt give me a call 367-4668

Good try, but we were trying to get the actual picture in the post...its early right now (bout 7:45), I'll call you around 12...

Matt

yea, I thought aboiut it after I posted.. I was playing with my fototime and deleted that photo.. it worked.. lemme get a correct link, this one won't be so large

Dead Link Removed

hey thats really cool and all.....but HOW DID YOU DO IT??!?!?!

Matt

its photopoint..you cant use the image tag w/o the url ending in a .jpg or .gif etc extention.. I switched to fototime.. its harder to use, but seems to be useful for forums n such

Have you guys played around with reflective stuff to put out more light??? Tin foil, mirrors...that kinda stuff

Matt

Darkfox, so if I go to fototime I should be able to post pics in here??

I thought about reflective stuff, but thats as far as I went... didn't do anything with it.

yea, fototime allows you to put in images

I was thinking about getting a underbody kid after I put on my running boards a red one. I have clears up front with red parking bulbs, I don't know why I guess cause I have red interior even though I hate red but I was thinking of getting either Red or the White kits they have from streetglow oh well 1 thing at a time :)

Has anybody seen a white underkit?? What would that look like, I think white would be the last color I'd get. Is it even legal.

Newbz, have you checked the state laws about neons...especially red ones?? What color is your truck?

Matt

most neons everywhere are illegal....matt, your blue isnt allowed to be seen from anywhere or its a ticket. white neons look like flourescent lights in an office building.

yah.....all my neons are illegal where i live....in other words...if i got pulled over for having all my **** on...i would be BUSTED up the WAZ! haha..

As for white underbodys...ehh...i would rather NOT get neons than get white...no offense to anyone...its just TO plain! :)

Carl

Yeah, I agree with you Carl. The whole point of neons is that they are colored...

James, they are illegal here?! Are you ****tin me? The impression I got was that they are allowed as long as they are not flashing and as long as you cant see the bulb... I hope you're wrong (but I have a sorrowful feeling that you're right!! :mad: ) Either way, the neons will KEEP GLOWING!!!

Matt

FitzMatt - My truck is white, and I really don't give a **** what the state laws about it are, if I want something on my ride then i'll do it, if they want to waste there time to yank me over and give me a ticket I really don't care, i'll take before and afters, goto court and get them dismissed every time, it's my ride not a cops.

Oh and I think white neons would look neat in certain situations and lighting :)

How will you get them dismissed every time??

Matt

the laws vary.. there is no national law about this.. the only way you can tell is to check with your local police.. afterwards.. look around.. see if its enforced.. rememebr the speed "limit" and how 99.9% of us do 5-10 over? laws aren't always 100% enforced ya know..

btw... about the white underbody..

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Tubes for sale???

Hey who was it that had a 10" and a 15" green tube for sale, i have tried to find the post but haven't yet. I'd like to find out cause a price would come in handy.

dodgerr@hotmail.com

duno bout that, but this applys for anyone.. if you are looking for neon tubes.. www.buyneonlights.com is a GREAT place! its definatley worth a look

Well here to get them dismissed you can take DATED before / after pics, receipts, or a mechanics note saying whatever the ticket for was fixed. I could just do the pictures and reinstall stuff...or I got mechanic friends who'd write me a note and if I had to I got police family members who would help.

How can you not like that white neon underbody? Oh well I like it :)

Darkfox, how did you get those pictures to show up in the post?? You didnt have em in fototime did you:)

Matt

Back