Neons | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neons

I want to put Blue Neons under my '92. I have a few questions....

How many do I need? I was thinking 2. Is there a particular place they go?

Is there a common place to put switches in the 91-94s? Where do the wires go, and how do I put in the switches?

Lastly, what kind should I buy?

MATT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dude, all you need is a link that ends in a .jpg or .gif photopoints new programming doesn't allow an image to end in that, therefore it can't be posted here

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Dead Link Removed

That's my dog Boomer!!

Thanks Darkfox, you da man!

Matt

Hey!! The picture worked before, but now I can't see it, its just the red X. Do you guys see the pic or are you getting the X?? How weird...

Matt

you didn't delete the picture from that location did you? :p

Dead Link Removed

WEIRD!!! OK so I just tried it with that other picture...and I got the same red X, but then I right-clicked on the second picture, and clicked on"show picture" and it did!! Then I did the same thing to the top one and it showed that one too!

Can you guys do the same thing?

How weird!

Matt

Alright guys I finally got an email back from Ryan, he said the 30" GS replacement tube is $30 + $8s/h. Do you think that's worth it?? $38 for a light, I wanna know if you think the price is worth the difference it will make on the Explorer (this is the 5th light for the grille to compliment the blue UBK).

Let me know.

Matt

P.S. When do we see those wheel well pics man?

hrmm.. YES! if its not illegal.. heh, well that is, if its not enforeced.. we already talked about that.. thats what I was askin bmx somewhere.. do you drive with your grille neon on bmxboy?

btw, I think some websites are sensetive about posting pictures and won't let you link to them, that may be why, I don have the details, but.. its a grapevine type thing heh

Matt - Dude..its totally worth getting the neon...think about it. Its like $30 bucks for like a 20" neon normally!

As for driving with my grille neon on..yes i do, all the time. Matt, adding the 5th light will just add a little more to your car. It will look SWEET! i gurantee it :)

Carl

ha, i got the coolest set of neons on my truck:

View

View

AWESOME!! Oh man is that cool!

OK OK Carl, I'll get it! And I wanted to talk to you about what else I should get too, so hopefully I'll see you online cuz I'll be ordering soon!

I just love that little truck! You should put it on the floorboard in the middle under the dash, that would be sweet!!

Matt

Dead Link Removed

****! Nice pic Matt!!! You have a nice glow on that explorer!! What color did you want to get for your grill? Yellow or white, or neither?

tac0meat - That R/C Car kicks ass!! thats amazing! ive seen RC car neon before, but have never seen it in person :) thats sweet!

Carl

bmxboy how come you didnt go through the mudbog on sunday?:) :D didnt want to bust those neons or wreck that nice 95 EB?

Jas - I was there. I was wearing the orange visor and the yelow shirt and blue jeans. i was with mark most of the time.

Carl

Carl, I dont know what color for the grille but I think I'm gonna go blue, nothing else would really go well, it would just seem out of place dont you think??

I FINALLY GOT A GOOD PIC!!! AND IT WORKS!!! yay!

Did you notice what time I finally got it working????

Matt

ya they were so easy to do its not even funny: i hot glue gunned a set of 6inch mini neons under the body and hooked it up with a 9v battery mounted behind the front bumper. battery lasts for about 30min though(but of course the battery that runs the truck only last 10min)

**** Matt!!!! 3:30 in the morning you stayed up till???? DAMN!!!

Tac0Meat - yah..why the HELL do R/C car batteries last only 10 minutes?? I was into the whole R/C car scene when i was younger, and got so sick of battereis i finally got a gas RC10GT. That thing was fast as hell!!! i beat the **** out of it! I also have a remote control helecopter...built it, never have flown it, but am selling it. OH well....i passed that phase...now its big cars with neons for Carl :)

Matt - if you just wanna stick to one color theme with you car, go with the blue. If you wanna have to colors...get the yellow :)

Carl

OK GUYS, NEED YOUR ADVICE:

Check out the pic...ok I am definately gonna get a 5th light for the grille. Here's what I'm thinking: I might get some 12" to put in the wheel wells.

If I do the grille and wheel wells: should I do blue or another color. I was thinking yellow for the other color, but check out the pic and let me know what you think would look good. If I do blue, I'm worried it would be too much blue all around.

If I do the grille but not the wheel wells: I think I should go blue with the grille cuz a blue underkit and a different color in the grille I think would look weird, but if I do the wheel wells, I think another color would look good cuz there's more bulbs all around.

That might be confusing!! Ok so should I:
1) Just get the blue grille neon and screw the wheel wells?
2) Get a yellow grille neon and 4 yellows for the wheel wells?
3) Get a blue grille neon and 4 blues for the wheel wells?

Thanks guys!!!

Matt

Hm...Matt...this is what i would suggest.

I would suggest gettin yellow for the grill, and eventually getting 4 12" Gold Sereis replacement YELLOW neons for the wheel wells/

IT WILL LOOK PIMP!!! :)

Carl

Back