Neons | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neons

I want to put Blue Neons under my '92. I have a few questions....

How many do I need? I was thinking 2. Is there a particular place they go?

Is there a common place to put switches in the 91-94s? Where do the wires go, and how do I put in the switches?

Lastly, what kind should I buy?

MATT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if I have a blue underkit and a blue neon making the grille glow...a blue license plate frame couldnt hurt could it?:)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well i guess not.

sounds cool fitz.. but where are ya getting these prices? www.buyneonlights.com ? they have great prices.. btw.. have you thought about strobes/mini neons in your vents? it'd be tight as hell if it were done correctly..

btw man.. gotta see some pics of this truck when you get all this on here.. it should be phat, I'd like to see some of these ideas in action, right now I'm workon on my belair, so money for neons :(

Ok guys just ordered today!!

Darkfox, it's really weird that you asked about the vents cuz today I ordered 2 clear strobes to put in the vents!! Do great minds think alike or what????? hehehe

Ok so I got:
4 9" blue (dash and rear seats)
1 30" blue (grille)
4 blue headlight strobes (2 back 2 front)
2 blue license plate frames (duh...)
2 clears strobes (vents)

The grand total?.......$455!!!!!
Ok ok some of that was for my buddy too. He got a blue underkit, blue 30" and a blue 20" lightning... And I my girlfriend told me to get her two green license plate frames for her Honda Accord!!!

Next up: green underbody kit!!

green under body kit for yuor X or her accord?

Oh my bad...her "mint" green Accord (she calls it Minty)

This reminds me, I was thinking of how colors would mix, like if you got 2 underbody kits or something...that might be cool

or it could mix wierd and be all funky.

Just shoot all my ideas down...mixing colors...clears in the back...license plate frames...F-I-N-E (spells it out) FINE!! haha, I'm glad I have you to look out for me with all the laws Jim! You help me out a lot! I just hope my dad doesn't see all your replies about how everything I wanna do is illegal, hehe!!

i think i just have way too much time on my hands

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Jim Abena just hit 1,500!!!!!! Praise the Lord!! Go Jimmy, Go Jimmy, Go Jimmy!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i thought you had stuff to do today??

anyway, i like the look of those pics i saw with neon under the dash. if i do that eventually do you think you could help me out?

Matt!!!!! I took some pics of how i did my installs..but im gonna wait for my neons to come (THEY BETTER COME TODAY) so i can get better pics on how i did all the ****.

Pics of my instal will be up within a week bro.

Carl

(wow..you cars gonna glow like a MOTHER now :) )

bmx... edit that now....before a moderator sees that... gerald jarret said dont post anything you wouldnt want your 8 year old kid to see......

anyways, i saw matts truck. it looks nice. his clears set it off.... i cant wait to see his truck @ nite when he gets all his new neons

Hey thanks for the pre-warning jimabena74.

I did not see jarret's post about not swearing, i won't from now on (Oh DARNIT)...hehe

Carl

i am not sure if matt has a digital camera or not, but i can get my hands on one, so when he gets everything done, i will post them. Matt, do you need any instal help? i dont mind helping....
you are local too, so that is cool

the post gerald made wasnt about swearing necesarilly but about all the flamage and vulgarity we get when people vent: some #$%$% in a sports car #$%#%@#$ cut me off today!!!

ya know, I find that no cursing thing kinda funny.. I mean here we are a forum about vehicles, and we can't say anything an 8 year old shouldn't hear (which my 9 year old cousin curses like a sailor, but thats beside the point) but I mean.. we don't have any 8 year olds on here hehe :p

anyway, yea fitz.. you had the color down to begin with heh, where are oyu again? we should cruise or something.. (even tho you'd flat out show me up now ;) )

I gotta see pics of all this. .if I weren't working on my belair I'd look into grille neon and vent neons but um, oh well :p

darkfox, matt is away for the day to the best of my knowledge....but we are in Northern CALIFORNIA. cruising with you would kinda be impossible for us...

na, I'll leave now and we can cruise at christmas ;) hehe... well, ya, I've been told cali is bad about laws and stuff.. but clear tails would look good on his ride

cali is bad( or is it good) for their laws....i see lowriding ricers pulled over all the time but then i see huge trucks that bont meet the lift laws never getting pulled over..... i guess cali cops dont like ricers but like redneck trucks....go to your local police station and see how many cops violate the laws on their personal cars.

I'm back guys! Just got home from a lovely day of driving my parents and their 4 friends around the Napa Valley wineries (about 2 1/2 hours away).

Jim: of course I'd help you out if you got those neons for the dash, but don't you have other things to do first??

Carl: DID YOU GET YOUR LIGHTS TODAY BRO??????? Hey if you wanna send me those pics, it's FitzMatt@pacbell.net

James: Let's cruise bud!! We'll just meet in Colorado and cruise for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas!

Back