Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Next project vehicle?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed!' started by 2000StreetRod, November 9, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. massacre

massacre Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 Explorer XLT
    Absolutely. To not check the continuity after modifying a harness is foolish imho

• Like Like x 1
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Dono

Dono 347 V8 Limited turbo Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    00 Limited V8
    I'll be interested to see if you can get the ESM system to work on the Explorer PCM. I'm guessing this will be a challenge.

4. 410Fortune

410Fortune Mud Season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    7B Panhandle
    B2 Mod
    The 4.0 OHV V6 throttle cables are much shorter, maybe you can get rid of that loop eventually

5. massacre

massacre Elite Explorer

1994 Explorer XLT
    I was going to suggest a Mach1 throttle cable, I have a Mach1 intake in a 4v (not an explorer) and it fits great I bet it would fit an explorer pretty well.

6. 2000StreetRod

2000StreetRod Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Greenville, SC
    00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
    I have the stock throttle cable from my SOHC V6 which I'll evaluate when I get a chance. I've been hesitant to invest more time and money until I got the engine running. I didn't know if I assembled the engine correctly or if the starter would be compatible with the flexplate. Now that it runs I'll proceed with installing replacement anti-sway bar end links and fixing DTCs and exhaust issues. I may need a custom tune to correct ESM issues.

7. boominXplorer

boominXplorer Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Virginia Beach, Va
    00 4x4 Mounty
  8. 2000StreetRod

2000StreetRod Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Greenville, SC
    00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
    Our house was built in 1997 and last year we still were using the original gas pack (furnace, A/C unit). In October 2018 I started noticing fumes when the heat was on but my inexpensive carbon monoxide (CO) detector did not activate. I had the heating duct outlets tested for CO and they passed as safe but I learned about rebates available for high efficiency split gas furnace and A/C units. I decided to have one installed to save on winter heating since my wife keeps the house unusually warm (77 deg F.). The A/C unit is outside and the gas furnace goes in the walk-in crawlspace so I had to spend a lot of time clearing a space in the correct location with access from the door. The Trane system cost about $8,500 but I got back around $1,250 in rebates and saved a lot on winter heating. Then my 3 year old Kitchen Aide dishwasher started leaking. I tried a temporary fix but then the pump motor failed. I replaced it with a much less expensive (plastic instead of stainless steel tub) Frigidaire which I like much better. Its not as quiet but the normal cycle only takes 1 hour instead of 2.5 hours. So, I lost my momentum on the Explorer engine conversion. I decided to resume in the spring but I'm now involved in a backlog of spring yard work. When the weather gets hot outside I'll escape it by working on the Explorer in the garage.

• Like Like x 1

We Support Our Troops!