Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Oklahoma Snow

Discussion in 'WHOOPS!!' started by 420peacefrogs, February 11, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 420peacefrogs

420peacefrogs New Member

City, State:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    06 Mountaineer Luxury
    Trying to get to work during Snow Storm I, taking the snow route (that hadn't been plowed) I managed to get stuck.

[​IMG]

I took this from inside...the part sticking out would be the driver door handle.

[​IMG]

Here is the trench that was dug the next night by my father, my spouse and I:

[​IMG]

You can see the snow plow in the distance that was working when we got there and still working when we left. The white truck is my dad's, no 4x4 but he was able to get me out with a few tugs. My reverse had stopped working, turns out my 4x4 was stuck between on & off. Once it warmed up I got it to unstick and got my reverse back.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Corrupt_Reverend

Corrupt_Reverend Member

City, State:
    Turlock, CA
    '91 Explorer
    Scenarios like this are the main reason I keep potable water and a sleeping bag in my X. Well, this and the Zombie Apocalypse... :D

Glad to see you both you and the vehicle got out alright.

4. OneLever

OneLever Active Member

97 Mt. 5.0L AWD
    I've got tire chains for every wheel, but even with that there's a limit I think. I worry about all that snow/ice tearing into the transmission cooler lines. Probably not an issue with your generation though.