Putting a turbo in my 5.0

limited2000

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited Edition 5.0
Hey guys, how's it going?
I'm some what new to the forums, I've had an account for forever but didnt know the site was still active. So I come here frequently to see ideas on my explorer, and tonight I seen recent posts so I know its alive!!

My name is Brendon.
I got my explorer and I decided to make it one of a kind around my town. That's exactly what I did.

I have a 2000 Limited Edition 5.0L v8 Explorer.
Mods:
10000K HID Headlight Kit
Smoked Taillights
"limited" emblem side erase
MAC Cold Air Intake
Sound system (2x 12" Kicker Comp's w/ 800W Pioneer Amp)
All Tinted Windows
Auto Meter Dual Gauge Pod
Auto Meter Cobalt Boost Gauge
Auto Meter Cobalt Air/Fuel Gauge
Plasti-Dipped Stock Limited Edition Wheels
Interior Green Ultra-Bright LED Setup w/ Custom Power Switch.
2" Lowering Kit w/ Torsion Twist in Front.

----

Right now I am putting a rear-mount turbo, much like the other tan 5.0 on here. Shooting for next month for it to be done, I'm just working on piping and the Oil Lines right now.

----

I just ordered a SCT SF3 Tuner from Henson Performance, and I am soon ordering Torque Monster Headers. Right now I am true-dull out with Glasspacks, not sure what size?

Anyways, that's what I got going on right now, if you have any questions, just ask!
Also if you guys want to see pictures, I can put some up if you want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbdwn:Ill take some tomorrow so I can show it. I don't have any pics of it on the computer right now.

:ttiwwp:

Haha alright, I'll get some for sure! I didn't really think of taking any before posting cause I wasn't sure if anybody would really reply or anything. I'll get some up for sure though!

Haha alright, I'll get some for sure!

your committed now. if you dont, this may happen...

articleLarge.jpg

just say'n

Okay I have some old pictures from back in Decemeber and some recent ones. The night shots were taken just tonight, I worked a 12 hour 7a-7p today so didn't get any day shots, I can get some in the morning though before I head out to work tomorrow. Anyways, here's what it somewhat looks like but now as I said- its lowered 2" and plastidipped wheels, headlights look better now and the side "limited" is taken off now. Also, I took off receiver hitch and tinted front driver and passenger windows.
Photo0083.jpg

Photo0088.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

-- repainted front grill a month ago, no more chip.
Photo0082.jpg

Photo0081.jpg

-- turbo
IMG_0191_zps8c32b3fd.jpg

IMG_0190_zpseaa9835d.jpg

ill take recent ones of the exterior and better of interior.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193_zps863a3827.jpg

IMG_0194_zpsace42061.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

This is not all the parts I have, I have all the flanges, oil lines + fittings, 2.5" piping, and ngrperformance greddy type-s bov is on the way. im pretty much set to go here in a month.

I know what a limited looks like, I want to see pics of the turbo installed and how everything is plumbed.

Lol yes, like vroomzoomboom said, pics of the install.
But nice ex. I personally woulda kept the side "Limited" badges and instead worked on that pin-striping and tried to get it off, but not sure how it looks now with the black rims too. It might look good. And the ricer sticker on the back, nice. haha I almost got one of Domo holding up a shocker, but I decided a lifted explorer on 33"s (well, not yet, but eventually) would look odd with ricer stickers. haha

:popcorn:

I'm still working on getting everything sorted out and gathered. Im going to start my install next month. I'll post pictures of the install as I go though. Again- Didn't get the time for pictures today, but tomorrow is my day off (HURRAY) So, Ill put some up around noon. :D

Im still waiting on the 2.5" charge piping to arrive, along with the BOV, Stainless Steel Braided Oil Lines, and SCTx3 Tuner from Henson Performance. I have 39lb SVT Cobra Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, and I'm going to talk to James Henson about a recommended MAF. I want to run only maybe 5-9psi. Anyways, after all that stuff arrives, I will post the install :) Going to take it to a Professional Exhaust shop here in my town to do the welding. Was going to have a buddy of mine do it, but I havent seen his welding :eek:. Next month though, I should have everything and be on the go!:thumbsup:

Got some up-to-date pictures of my explorer.
IMAG0014.jpg

10000K HID Headlights, Going to install 10000K Fog's next week.
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

-Girlfriend wrote with windows paint on my windows (if you noticed).
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

I hate wiring so I got all my wiring out of the way besides the oil pump. As I said, next month I will be posting of my Rear-Mount Setup as I go along.

IMAG0017.jpg

Red Wires are wire covers, Covers my Nylon Tubing for boost/Vacuum gauge, and the other two I just used the rest of the wire cover on. I hate to waste money so why not use what you get and have no left overs? :D
IMAG0020.jpg

2 12" Kicker Comps. Running off 800W Amp. It hits hard, actually got pulled over the other day for noise disturbance (90$+10$ seatbelt). :( Stupid Idaho cops.

Also, sorry for the foggy pictures, I couldn't find the camera I usually use, which comes out pretty good, so I was stuck with a old one.

Cool... GL... I recently removed my remote mount system :D

May want to put the build in the NEED FOR SPEED section as well!

:thumbsup:

Alright I will do that. And what was your reason for removing the setup?

Alright I will do that. And what was your reason for removing the setup?

Bunch of issues... The cold side piping was badly rusting... Couplers kept blowing off... Oil puking problems... Boost issues... Just a PITA and wanted to convert it into a problem free (mostly) daily driver (for now).. Was going to have had to re-do a lot of it and just didn't have the time to mess with it lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a post on the conversion back in the need for speed section :D

Back