Recent Orders , time to get into production | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent Orders , time to get into production

rpmgolfs

Reaction score
City, State
OVERLAND PARK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
For those of us that have ordered more recently say, July and August. Has your car shown up as being scheduled for production? I ordered mine back on Aug 14, about 3 weeks. Just curious on what time line everyone else is experiencing. I waited to order thinking the time lines would be a shorter. Maybe not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those of us that have ordered more recently say, July and August. Has your car shown up as being scheduled for production? I ordered mine back on Aug 14, about 3 weeks. Just curious on what time line everyone else is experiencing. I waited to order thinking the time lines would be a shorter. Maybe not.

Pending dealer allocation, yours would be scheduled the week of 10/7 or 10/14.

My dealership reordered mine about a week ago, they're saying 8-12 weeks, but the vin hasn't been assigned yet. I hope yours is much sooner!

I ordered an Aviator Reserve II on June 21st, but have not seen a VIN yet so, I believe, it has not been scheduled for production. Does anyone here have any incite as to when it might be scheduled and go into production?

Aviator Reserve with Reserve I and luxury package ordered on July 3. No VIN yet. The dealer—Dwayne Lane Skagit Lincoln— says he has two other customers in similar situations and says he hasn’t had an Aviator on the lot yet.

It seems like a large number of Aviators have been ordered, but production scheduling is slow. Does anyone think there might be an issue? Perhaps Ford is still ironing out kinks or is having some quality issues with the production process. Any thoughts?

Dang, I was hoping more like 9/14. I've been reading this forum since FEB when I first started researching the 2020 Explorer. Thanks for sharing all your insight. You've been doing this for awhile.

Ordered my ST July 1st (I’m in week 9 of the 10-12 week lead time I was given)
I have the vin but no window sticker had been produced yet... and it is in order processing. Dealer says it says it’s scheduled for delivery end of September... but with no window sticker yet or change in status to “in production” on the ford order tracking site I’m not so sure how on track my ST is for being in that 10-12 week delivery time.

What I think is worse is that ones that are built are not being shipped (why?). Mine was built on 7/19 and from what I can tell has been sitting on a lot in Chicago all that time. I've been monitoring a lot of the local "dealer ordered" cars via VINs and many have not been built, and most of the ones that have been - are not being delivered too.

Ordered my ST July 1st (I’m in week 9 of the 10-12 week lead time I was given)
I have the vin but no window sticker had been produced yet... and it is in order processing. Dealer says it says it’s scheduled for delivery end of September... but with no window sticker yet or change in status to “in production” on the ford order tracking site I’m not so sure how on track my ST is for being in that 10-12 week delivery time.

Your dealer has a build date and you should be scheduled week of 9/16 or 9/23 based on your order date.

What I think is worse is that ones that are built are not being shipped (why?). Mine was built on 7/19 and from what I can tell has been sitting on a lot in Chicago all that time. I've been monitoring a lot of the local "dealer ordered" cars via VINs and many have not been built, and most of the ones that have been - are not being delivered too.
Have you read this thread and the one on TSB's Explorer delays

Peter

Our 2020 XLT was ordered on 7/18. There was no deposit required and really not much paperwork to show the deal was done. In fact, various people from the same dealer were still contacting us weeks later to make the sale.

As of today, the last person we dealt with can only say “so far the best information I have” is a September 30 build date. No clear answer on when the VIN would be generated to track it myself. Sounds like you folks have a better handle on Ford’s process for special order vehicles. Is there any other way to get information confirming our order at Ford’s end, and what the timeline should be?

Our 2020 XLT was ordered on 7/18. There was no deposit required and really not much paperwork to show the deal was done. In fact, various people from the same dealer were still contacting us weeks later to make the sale.

As of today, the last person we dealt with can only say “so far the best information I have” is a September 30 build date. No clear answer on when the VIN would be generated to track it myself. Sounds like you folks have a better handle on Ford’s process for special order vehicles. Is there any other way to get information confirming our order at Ford’s end, and what the timeline should be?

Your dealer has a VIN for your order. It only takes about a week to have one assigned from order date.

I ordered an Aviator Black Label on 16-JUL-2019, received VIN early August and Scheduled to Week of 30-SEPT-2019.

Your dealer has a VIN for your order. It only takes about a week to have one assigned from order date.

Thanks, blwnsmoke. Doubtless you’re correct that the dealer should have that VIN by now. Problem is, I’m not too confident in their information or willingness to dig for it. The sales person who still can’t give me a VIN 8 weeks after the order was supposedly placed basically dismissed my inquiries with “one day you’ll look up and it will be there”. He was not aware of Ford’s VIN-based order tracking system.

So ... do you know of any sources at the corporate level?

If you don't have VIN within one week just go back in the dealership and tell them you want to re-order. Maybe by mistake they made an error in placing an order. Happens as so many people are placing orders.

(without VIN no one will be able to help you as no one has your order number, built date assigned).

The dealer receives an acknowledgement that the order was received. DORA is Ford's response acknowledging that they received the order. The dealer should be able to supply that or a copy to the customer. (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement).

Peter

Thanks, blwnsmoke. Doubtless you’re correct that the dealer should have that VIN by now. Problem is, I’m not too confident in their information or willingness to dig for it. The sales person who still can’t give me a VIN 8 weeks after the order was supposedly placed basically dismissed my inquiries with “one day you’ll look up and it will be there”. He was not aware of Ford’s VIN-based order tracking system.

So ... do you know of any sources at the corporate level?
I had a similar issue with my dealer… I ordered July 1st and For whatever reason they would not give me the vin… I kept calling once a week knowing that they had a vin because I called Ford corporate and Ford said they had a vin but only the dealer can give it out to the person. So unfortunately I was that annoying customer calling once a week (after 3 weeks of waiting) asking for my vin… After finding out that they definitely had my vin through ford corporate, I went there and said listen I spoke to Ford they said you guys have the vin and I would like to have the it so I can track my trucks progress on my own and not have to contact them until it comes in. Then I finally got it (9 weeks after I ordered)

I had a similar issue with my dealer… I ordered July 1st and For whatever reason they would not give me the vin… I kept calling once a week knowing that they had a vin because I called Ford corporate and Ford said they had a vin but only the dealer can give it out to the person. So unfortunately I was that annoying customer calling once a week (after 3 weeks of waiting) asking for my vin… After finding out that they definitely had my vin through ford corporate, I went there and said listen I spoke to Ford they said you guys have the vin and I would like to have the it so I can track my trucks progress on my own and not have to contact them until it comes in. Then I finally got it (9 weeks after I ordered)

Yep, like you, I’m trying not to be that annoying customer and just want the VIN to help make some travel plans that depend on when the new vehicle should be available. Waited almost 8 weeks to even ask. But the dealer is still saying they don’t have a VIN yet and questioned why anyone thought they were supposed to. No way to know whether they are actually checking with a corporate source or just repeating what may be wrong information from their own records. Can you share where you got your info at Ford corporate?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you where right on. Just got this from the dealer.
image002.png

Back