Rockwells | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rockwells

Hello all,
Long time user and fan, but been a long time since ive been on. O did my SAS about 6-7 years ago and posted on this site. Ive been running it with no problems besides the normal breakage. Lately i have been itchin for a upgrade and came across some up grades. I havent been on for ever so forgive me if im in the wrong thread, but back in the day it was easy to navigate this site. But anyways i have started my rock well conversion. I have rebuilt both axles flipped the rear hubs, shaved the breaks, added pinion breaks, grizzly locked the front welded the rear. Bought hummer h1 double beadlocks with rockwell welded in inserts. Plan on running 47 ltbs. Im running the BTF single reverse triangulated converions with coils. So far here is what i got, i have alot of pics put on my phone so i have to send them on over.

Attachments

• 4 link rock.jpg
    4 link rock.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2,380
  • front rockwell.jpg
    front rockwell.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,707
  • front on rocks.jpg
    front on rocks.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 3,057

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Did you get a delivery date for this or are you already installing it...:D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Its here!!!!

Strong box showed up today i wish i could have taken more pics and measurments for you but i was so busy at the shop. Looks and feels solid, seems really tuff and the components are machined nicely, i will take more at work tomorrow and answer any questions. Strong box- np 205.

Attachments

• strongbox is here.jpg
    strongbox is here.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 564

...You get to play with a new doubler and you call it, "At work"..??...:wtf:...:D

Subscribed:popcorn:

Jake makes some good stuff!

now let's see you try to break it!

Actually Jake said the same thing, he said lets see if i can break it with rocks and 42s i told him that if it was going to break i would be the first person to let him know. I highly doubt it im pretty sure something in front of the box would break first but with all that gear i hope it takes up all the bounces and torque to keep me from breaking anything.

ForumRunner_20120919_124737.png

ForumRunner_20120919_124818.png

oh come on!

stop teasing! more pictures!

Sorry i have been so busy and i found this cool app that lets me navigate and put pictures from my phone so i have been testing it out.Sooo quick update my 205 has a what is called a double seal on the input side of it, in order to have the strong box mate up to it i have to pull the seals and of course i want a new seal so i ordered a new seal and have to press it in all the way, the reason why is because the strong box seal rides on the same shaft as its seal itself, so in a way it still is a double seal but also serving two puroses, i meased and tested the tolerances that jake had put into the box totally mating and creating a perfect seal for the box on the 205 and they are exact, i mean perfect machine work here. I still have to pull the rock flanges and install my front billet retainer and also the rear retainer with the new ring support. Any certain pics? I will be more than happy to oblige.

oh!

any just drooling on every picture. just can't get enough!

dont worry catapillar i will show you more:salute: :(:D by the way the strong box and the other one made after me will be the shortest boxes made, if im wrong jake from behemoth will correct me, but he said he is making a revised version with a outer bearing for a better support.

Short little update the box does not fit with the stock input bearing retainer, the np 205 was made in so many different ways that jake has not totally fully built the box to match all the bearing retainers, but this isnt a problem behemoth does make a custom input bearing retainer that will solve the problem. Im pretty sure this will be included with all the new RBV to 205 builds as this could be a problem again. Being the prototype i expected some difficulties, and behemoth is working in every way to solve the problem so that the RBV'S or EBV'S will recieve a product with no problems.

Ok got the new shorter retainer. Check out the height difference.

ForumRunner_20120924_112351.png

Old retainer clearance issue.
New one sets flush
ForumRunner_20120924_113828.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120924_114205.png
    ForumRunner_20120924_114205.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 472

New retainer installed then clocking ring. And the shift rail clearance in rear high

ForumRunner_20120925_154501.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120925_154011.png
    ForumRunner_20120925_154011.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 471
  • ForumRunner_20120925_154436.png
    ForumRunner_20120925_154436.png
    219 KB · Views: 429

Then strongbox. Overall length.

ForumRunner_20120925_155821.png

ForumRunner_20120925_155622.png

Front billet retainer with Rockwell flange and rear stock retainer getting swapped. I'm also cutting my own gaskets.
ForumRunner_20120926_172128.png

ForumRunner_20120926_172313.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120926_171730.png
    ForumRunner_20120926_171730.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 450

Back