Scoop's On!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scoop's On!!!

My autobody classes start in August :D *rubs hands together with an evil grin*

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no. I didnt want to remember drilling holes in my hood. :(

Sounds like Spas is going to be making roll pans!

Chris, can I borrow your keys for a little while? :D :D :D lol

Sorry to steal from your thread here buddy, but we're all aftermarket aficiondos here..Lizard and I spotted this Meguire's explorer at Carlisle. Notice anything different about it? How about the 'ground' effects? They look familiar, but I can honestly say I've never seen that combo before! Has anyone else? It's usually:
1) tubular step bars with low profile SIDING and big flares (sports)
2) no flares and the siding in the picture (XLT, XL)
3) no flares and flat step bars, like Chris's X (XLT, limited, EB)
4) low profile FLARES and tubular step bars (XLS)
- never flares in conjunction with the extended siding!!!

It's silly, but I'm kinda excited about this..it's the only thing I've found to cover up the unsightly leaf mounts. I seem to recall you saying that you'd rather have ground effects than step bars, Chris, that's why I'm bringing this up in your thread....

Attachments

• flare 2.jpg
    flare 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 375

Never seen a siding/fender flare joint like this one.... The guy said this was a custom ordered explorer with a 302...

Attachments

• flare 1.jpg
    flare 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 377

it looks similar to an 95-97 eb, but without the running boards.

Yeah that's just a stock EB without running boards. Don't see too many of those but they do exist.

Are you guys sure? If you look at 98fordX24 (chris)'s X from the side, he has the same running boards, but not the fender flares...here, look at the siding on blackjack- that's what they use with the flat AND the tubular running boards regardless of model, isn't it?

Attachments

• shootin the chit copy.jpg
    shootin the chit copy.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 352

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying or maybe you're talking about a different Chris, but my running boards are nothing like the ones on the red one. Those are just side skirts.

thats pretty rare, but still a factory option. it was only 95-97, and it was as Hartman said, an EB with running board delete. not many of those made, but there is a white one around town here bone stock.

Yep, I've had a few of those come thru work. Makes the EBs look much cleaner IMO.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying or maybe you're talking about a different Chris, but my running boards are nothing like the ones on the red one. Those are just side skirts.

Hrm. I could have sworn we had a discussion about the side skirts on Blazer extremes and how much better looking they are than Explorer factory running boards. I thought you said you'd rather have something like the side skirts than the boards (I know I would)...My bad if I was wrong :)

95-97 EB with the running board delete, huh? I think I may have to pay a trip to the Ford dealer and get myself a set to cut down to Sport size ;) Man I love this site!

Originally posted by Spas
Hrm. I could have sworn we had a discussion about the side skirts on Blazer extremes and how much better looking they are than Explorer factory running boards. I thought you said you'd rather have something like the side skirts than the boards (I know I would)...My bad if I was wrong :)
Oh, I guess I was confused. I thought you were saying I had the same things as the meguires X. I wouldn't mind having something like that but without the flares. Something that covers up as much as my running boards but isnt a running board.

That Meguiars X is awesome BTW. CLEAN.

I liked the color, myself. The manager was apologizing profusely to us for it being so 'dirty', actually, lol. He was telling Lizard about its V8 and aftermarket shocks..I was too busy gawking at a cute salesman to pay that much attention :rolleyes: I'm not too keen on the rims-18" chrome would look better, IMHO.

CJ, I'm wondering if I could graft a bit of fiberglass onto those EB skirts about halfway down, sort of an angled line or something to make them look a bit racier. Think?

Side skirts

Quote: Wanna share this one? I've been through side skirts from a Ford lightning to a Chevy blazer extreme and still can't figure out the best vehicle to start with to make them work on an Explorer Sport....aren't side exhausts exiting in front of the rear wheels illegal out by you?

What I was going to do is make them out of metal right below the bottom of the flares extending about 4 inches to cover the side dumps. You would not see the exhaust system. It is the best way I could come up with two run a true dual system with a crossover,the gas tank location prevents most ways. No, they are not illegal here. They have to meet certain requirements.

in arkansas, nothing is illegal. when i was in high school i ran my truck open header on many Fridays and never got stopped for it. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Must have been one of those crazy arkansas things... "Open header friday". I bet the only people that did that were the ones with a very narrow gene pool. It's ok James... I know you only have 4 teeth.

Back