Scoop's On!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scoop's On!!!

sorry.....best pic I had of the old girl.
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Tommy98016
sorry.....best pic I had of the old girl.
Tom

Its cool man..i was just messing around.

Looks awesome X24, cant wait to see it painted!

X24: Great choice man. I love the cowl induction hood that EE is pushin', but I think I like that scoop even better. Just something about it, looks like it was made for an X! That thing is looking so good I might want to trade you my Cobra when you come to Carlisle!:eek:

It's all good GaSouthern1
:)

Tom

Awwwwww, now I'm REALLY jealous, punk :p :D

Looks a lot better than I thought it would, CJ- Good job with the placement :thumbsup:

Now just get the body shop off their lazy butts!

OK!!!!! The moment you've all been waiting for. First, let me start off by saying it looks 10000 X better painted green than it did in the pics where it was a dull black. Second, it looks sick. Third, they painted the black piece on the tailgate above the license plate green and that looks sick. Forth, it looks sick. And finally, I dont have any pics yet because it's still at the shop (didnt have a ride to pick it up) and it's pouring rain. :p

Hang in there!

44.jpg

Hey, look at that. The rain stopped... but is sure does look like it's getting dark out there. :p

Here's a pic of my painted emblem to hold you over (thanks for the help Hartman!)

Attachments

• emblem01.jpg
    emblem01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 476

That's one sexxxy emblem, how'd you do it?!

Its not easy. Hartman's the man. He gave me instructions and listened to me ***** everytime I screwed one up. I went through about 10 emblems before I got it to come out perfect. You have to pop it open and sand off the blue. Then I had the shop paint it when they did everything else.

Hey James... is the thread still worthless?

Attachments

• hood1002.jpg
    hood1002.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 452

Attachments

• hood1003.jpg
    hood1003.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 465

not bad ;)

I should have my scoop on and painted in a few weeks.

98Ford, what's the point of your scoop if you didn't make a hole in the hood? Is it for looks?

Yeah, its just for looks... just like it was on the Mustang. I'll make it functional if someone buys me a supercharger. ;)

it looks nice, but i'm glad you did it first- i don't think its for me.

i'm going to find a local shop to work with me on a full custom hood later in the year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't need a supercharger, it's always good to keep your engine a little cooler, and it could help get better air to your intake.

Back