Scoop's On!!!

X24

RAMajama
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Valley, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
Drilled the holes for my 1983 Mustang Hood blister today. It fits nice. It's not bolted down in the pics so it's not sitting totally flat with the hood, but it should come right down when I tighten them up. Entire truck goes in the shop to have my hood repainted because of some bad primer when they did it last time, paint the scoop, fix a dent in my door from a BB and paint the black piece on the back. I like it! What do you think???

Attachments

• hood0001.jpg
    hood0001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 963

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• hood0002.jpg
    hood0002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 956

Attachments

• hood0003.jpg
    hood0003.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 959

Looks good!! Now, ya gonna cut out the back of it and cut a hole in the hood to make it a cowl induction and let all that heat out??? :D

Originally posted by JDraper
Looks good!! Now, ya gonna cut out the back of it and cut a hole in the hood to make it a cowl induction and let all that heat out??? :D
Buy me a supercharger and I will. :D

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Buy me a supercharger and I will. :D

HA!

Not on your life buddy!! :p Sammy will get one first :D

looks good.. how much they askin for the paintjob all around?

How much was the scoop?

Is it tall enough to cut out the back?

Where did you get it?

It looks very nice, good job.

Holy crap! :eek: That... looks... awesome! :D

EDIT: - Section525 #$@#$

Originally posted by jssong
looks good.. how much they askin for the paintjob all around?
I'm not getting my whole truck painted. Just my rear drivers side door, hood, hood scoop, black piece on tailgate and buffing a small scratch on the fender. Gotta get it looking nice for the All Ford Nationals in May. ;)

I'm not sure what it's all gonna cost. The door is gonna be $150 to fix the dent from the BB, prep it and paint it. The hood should be covered since the primer under it was bad the last time they did it and then just whatever the rest costs. Shouldnt be that much.

Damn, guess this means I need to get mine on.

Originally posted by aldive
How much was the scoop?

Is it tall enough to cut out the back?

Where did you get it?

It looks very nice, good job.
This piece is very rare. It has been discontinued from Ford for quite a while. I found this on eBay and paid $80 for it. It could be made functional very easily... I just dont want to cut a hole in my hood. The piece on the back comes right out and most of the time will not come with any that you might find. It's very fragile.

that is quite possibly the best looking scoop i have ever seen on an X. i like it alot.

burt.jpg

I agree with James. I don't see much that other people do that I like, but that truely looks good!!!

Thumbs Up! Looks good here.

that's one uncle ben's rice cookin' hood right there!

kick ass! awesome job, dont forget to show pics when its all painted!

I love it and now I really wish I would have won that auction! Again, Great Job. When painted it will really look even more amazing!

wow that looks incredibly awesome, i forgot how sweet ur truck was. dayum dude thats sweet

98FordX24 that scoop will look good once it is painted. Have you ever thought about painting the cowl and windshield wipers, I did on my 91XLT and it looked nice. I want to paint those on my XP8 to. Here is a pic of my 91 w/the wipers painted

Tom

Attachments

• rearxlt.jpg
    rearxlt.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 796

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha...kinda hard to see the wipers from that view, unless you mean the back wiper.

Back