Servo bore help 2000 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Servo bore help 2000 ford explorer

Shortcast

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer v6
Alright so I have a 2000 ford explorer, she starts like a dream, engines alittle old and theres a few parts here and there that needed replacing but all in all shes a decent car, however ive had an issue lately where the transmission wont shift between gears and my rpms will shoot up. The only way to get it to shift is to pull off the throttle. I researched it heavily and decided it must be worn servo bores, is there a place I can buy them for less than 200$? Im a college student so i dont make awesome money, also is it a do it yourself kind if job? I try to fix everything myself, brakes, egr valves, spark plugs and coils, intakes, etc. I always come here for help so im hoping my fellow ford brethren can show me the way.

ive had an issue lately where the transmission wont shift between gears and my rpms will shoot up. The only way to get it to shift is to pull off the throttle. I researched it heavily and decided it must be worn servo bores
I should mention it ONLY happens when its warmed up

Welcome to this forum! You could install the aftermarket servos with O rings.
Oh yeah im plannin on it, right now im searching for different ones, i should just go for the 200$ ones

Back