The Samurai | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Samurai

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It' looks like spider webs:D ...Hint..hint:cool:
heh? are you asking me out on a date to watch Spiderman-3? cauz you know I'm down for that :D

heh? are you asking me out on a date to watch Spiderman-3? cauz you know I'm down for that :D

Nah I already seen it:( But who says we need to watch the movie?;)

:p:

The back is pretty much done -- just gotta settle on where the put some shocks.

DSC_0141.jpg

We slapped on the original wheels afterwards, I then stood on the back cross-member and kinda jumped a little -- I was amazed at how soft those YJ springs are :thumbsup: :D

one more

DSC_0143.jpg

Sorry for such horrible shots, it was dark so the shutter time on these were pretty long. In the picture above for example, the blue haze behind the rear cross-member is actually the jack's handle going up/down.

umm yea nice work and nice purple pants... I got the 22RE running today in my buddies Sammy today.. He is geeked, Plus i won a bet on it.. I didn't pull the engine or the harness. And i had never touched a Yoda motor. Bet was i couldn't rewire and get it running by the 1st of june.. little did they know i make custom a/c systems and all the wiring for them... Post more pics.. oh and i know i own you a pic of the transfer mount but been busy.. I'll look to see if i took one right now. or find one.

Hehe its not purple, its dark blue. The colors are off and the exposure is crapola.
Yeah please post a pic of the t-case mount when you have the time.

Today was going to be a short day cauz we went to DC to ride a little so we started on making the gas tank out of 16 guage sheet. I'll post up pics in a little bit.

Okay these shots are horrid (by my brother), next time I'll take the pics.

We pulled the front axle yesterday and began cleanup of the frame rail.
And as mentioned, we started the gas tank today.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

The gas tank is made from 16 guage bent four times to make a trapezoid. Then the ends will be capped once the pickup lines and other things are welded on. The tank holds 7 gallons.

Hehe its not purple, its dark blue. The colors are off and the exposure is crapola.
Yeah please post a pic of the t-case mount when you have the time.

Today was going to be a short day cauz we went to DC to ride a little so we started on making the gas tank out of 16 guage sheet. I'll post up pics in a little bit.

if you dont mind losing a bit of the cargo area the tank out of a tracker will work mounted in the back thro the floor with a mod to the filler did that today also.. i' get a pic later.

the transfer case truss. k you know how it has two mounts? one two peice of bent 1" or 1.5" tubing between and if i can find the stupid pic i'll post its easy to do but its needed.

very nice fab work.. you'll want to check out http://www.zuwharrie.com for more sammy info..

7 gallon is plenty on a sammy want a weber carb for that thing got a buddy with one for sale.. and a header.. will hook up up email..

oh and some some of the sammy i am working on.. dont mind the thre i took it off to hook up the gas tank to test fire my wiring,

content?action=dlattach;topic=61460.png

and

content?action=dlattach;topic=61460.png

this sammy is on toy axles with a84 celiaca engine (wiring by me) and a tone of other cheap parts.. behind it is one of 3 other sammies he has the smallest one. berr kicking in

Awesome work Zhanx!

What year is the one with the Celica engine?
I ask cauz the frame rail looks a little different.

you'll love this this the front foot of the frame is toy the rest is sammy. the leafs are izuzu. i cut as need the drive shafts and rewelded. Driver train 84 celica engine 85 toy truck trans on back to axle with custom shaft. (by me :) )

still need to do
brakes
clutch
front engine cage.

my major part in this is is wiring god. I have done 19 dif engine swaps so this was easy.
Parts i made custom mid body battery mount under dash.
drive shafts
body mounts
cage

the rest is my buddy

wait till i get flex pics the tests max out the cherry picker

Yeah the holes on the cross member has Toyota all over it :D

The one i posted pic of actually have to have a anti wrap bar put on the rear axle. It wrapped really bad with the yj springs. Justs a heads up.

But you might not need one. He has a 4.3 so more power than yll make.

Thanks Burns -- yeah we're sticking with the 1.3L (for now I guess).

Swap in a 1.6L out of a Tracker! Double your HP in an afternoon :D
I think were eventually going to do that in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back