Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

truck won't engage drive gears

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by SLOW RIDER, August 4, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. SLOW RIDER

SLOW RIDER New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1991 FORD EXPLORER XLT
    this my second explorer i had it for 7 months the engine don't over heat but when i drive for it for to long the trans drip really bad once all the trans fluid dripped out and i push it a few blocks to the store got some trans fluid and
    made it home that trans fluid dripped out also i waited a few days got some fluid and poured it in to see where its dripping from nothing came out i filled the trans up and only reverse would engage the gears seemed to be in neutral i started to pumping the gas angry and i heard a grinding sound and a pop and it took off i drove around for a while no fluid dripped it was fine for a few mouths but it was a delay when in engaging drive and for about a mouth it been a grinding sound if gas hit to hard. yesterday i went out and drive wouldn't engage i pumped the gas and it pop and grind and took off i drove to the gas station put it in park thinking it will go back in drive and was stuck good thing it was 6 in the morning i drove home in reverse and now im clueless trans fluid fine i can't force it in gear for some reason i think the transmission lose my kid first day of school monday any ideas would valued bad or good thanks

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. arco777

arco777 Elite Explorer

1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
    Time for a rebuild...

4. SLOW RIDER

SLOW RIDER New Member

1991 FORD EXPLORER XLT
    I was thinking that i don't have the extra cash hopefully i can sell it thanks for the response