Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

them lil bugs get me every time haha darn dpfe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Goddamn Josh...that's a bad string of luck. Sucks, was lookin forward to running trails with you again. :thumbdwn: Hope things turn around for ya.

I was really looking forward to this trip and i am gonna try like hell to make it but i gotta get this figured out first! i think i lost the front pump in the tranny but im not 100% sure....

jay, i would love to let someone else deal with this thing but i cant afford it until my money is returned to me! Im debating just gettin another trans and swappin it out rather then tryin to fix this one....

as long as you can swap like lightning

as long as you can swap like lightning

Are you kiddin? I did the whole drivtrain swap with the wiring in 2 days! the only problem here is goin to a junkyard in 25 degree wearther and 6+ inches of snow to pull one! My boss is gonna let me use our shop to do the swap so that takes a huge load off!

Think you're gonna be able to get it done in time?

hey guys look up on bing maps and type in atco raceway and look at some of the trails to the right of the track,there power lines back there and all,looks like some good mud pits and some trails that branch off,im not sayin to go there instead,i just never looked at it til today,maybe another run we can try that spot?

heck yea, thats my number one wheeling spot tons of awesome mud runs as well as the biggest pit in the pines(at least ive seen). i'm usually there every weekend and know that area real well. ive never seen or heard of rangers around there, if we dont make it their this trip maybe we could set it up some other time. ohh an my pic is me stuck in that pit in the middle of the summer, it hadnt rained for a good month and it was still muddy, took 45 mins and two trucks to get me out.

tgreen thats awesome lol thats behind atco at the powerlines??

yea ,the powerlines have trails down them for a few miles with tons of good mud runs the whole way, theres lots of good trails off of the powerlines too.

Think you're gonna be able to get it done in time?

i'm pickin up the new trans today so all i gotta do is get my truck to my shop so i can get started. So it looks like it will be done if no problems arise.....

Good news. Wish you were closer, I'd come give you a second pair of hands. Keep us posted.

good to hear

good to hear josh,hope ya get it done,and i get my v8 awd done,lol,i should have it done by then,if not ill bring my 92...tgreen,it looks awesome over there i looked at it on bing maps and zoomed in all the way

Just an FYI those trails by the power lines behind atco are totally illegal. If you guys want to go there, go for it, but I'll be staying at the Ranger Station while that goes on. :thumbsup:

those trails are totally legal ive asked the rangers, and on saturday night i saw two rangers with powerline workers fixing the lines and they nodded and waved, those trails even have street names, the trails off of them are illegal however. when i asked the rangers they said the trails with marked names are legal anything thats not marked on a map is illegal. its tricky because there are trails across from each other that are both legal but the trail connecting the two are illegal.

If I can find them on the GPS, I'm game. But I've heard lots of Ranger-related horror stories from those trails behind the power lines. I'm poor enough, the last thing I need is to start paying fines for being on off-limits trails :(

or to bail your truck out x.x

just to verify since we have so many pages, were looking at meeting at 10am at the wawa by the 70/72 circle, correct?

address for said wawa is 4 Route 72, Vincentown, NJ 08088-9634

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You sir are correct. Should be interesting since they are calling for a mix of rain and snow the next few days.

Dan

Back