What's your status? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Order: 2/28
Built: 3/28
ETA: 4/4 (week of?)
SMR: v2.7 on 3/30

(Limited, 301A, Moonroof, Tow, Grey/Pecan)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ordered 3/1
confirmed order “Unscheduled – Clean.”; still no VIN
Dealer says 8-10wks from order date, still says that as of this past Saturday (4/2).
Ingot Silver 4WD Limited, Charcoal Black Interior, 302a, Dual Moonroofs, Splashguards

You would think I should have at least a VIN by now....:rolleyes:

UPDATE: Received VIN today, 4/8/11...yahoo!

(cannot give out my car's nickname as it's mine and my wife's real name combined)
Ordered 3/8.
Built 3/30.
SNYC 4/1 (per sync installation history but date still the same after jumped from v2.6 o v2.8 couple days later).
in transit now per Seni.
ETA per dealer: end of April; ETA per Seni: 4/12/11.
SMR is currently showing Gen2 v2.8 (jumped from v2.6; never saw v2.7)

XLT with 202A + BLIS

jedimike: I just updated my post from 4/07, 9:48am. It's worse than sid&geno (12/30), olaverty (1/14) & jeeden (1/31). I'm crazy for sticking with the dealer. I have no idea when they actually submitted the order. I've learned the true meaning of patience!
Red Ex

Ordered around 1/7, took delivery last Saturday. All I can say is WOW.

OMG at above two (edit: make that three) posts! Totally unacceptable.

jedimike: I just updated my post from 4/07, 9:48am. It's worse than sid&geno (12/30), olaverty (1/14) & jeeden (1/31). I'm crazy for sticking with the dealer. I have no idea when they actually submitted the order. I've learned the true meaning of patience! ~ Red Ex

Ordered 2/28
VIN 4/4
BUILT 4/12
Delivery - ?????

Anyone want to wager on the delivery date???

Order: 3/5
Built: 3/31
ETA: 4/11

SMR: v2.7 on 4/3

(XLT, 202A, Blis, Nav, Liftgate, Tow, Plat-Tricoat/Black)

Order 01/27
built 03/24
ETA #1 03/28
ETA #2 03/30 (still)
Awaiting shipment
SMR showing 2.7

Name Irene
Sterling Gray Limited, 4WD 301A dual panel moonroof

Ordered Feb. 19th.
DORA processed on March4th.
Build date of March 23rd.
32 days from order to build.
Still sitting in Chicago awaiting transit.

Ordered Jan/24
Built 2/18
Awaiting shipment/no ETA

Mine isn't a custom order, I put a deposit on a dealer listed inventory (that hadn't arrived at the dealer yet) for a Black Limited 301A w/ Pecan Int. that was very similar to what I was going to custom order but I haven't gotten it yet and here is my status;

Order: Unknown, Dealer Order
Deposit Placed: 3/31
built 03/17
ETA #1 04/04
ETA #2 Unknown
Dealer says its in transit, but I don't know if they really confirmed that.
SMR showing 2.7

First Post by the way, hello everybody! Thanks to your stories here i opted to hunt down a very similar Ex to what I was going to order... and here i am waiting anyways, but hopefully not as long!!

For those of you awaiting your delivery, you're going to be pretty damn happy. Just took delivery of a 2011 Sterling Grey on Stone Limited over the weekend loaded w/all options except sunroof (couldn't get past the fact the front shade had to be open if rear shade was open, so passed on this feature). Anyway, it's an incredibly awesome vehicle. Had an '03 Expedition Eddie Bauer that needed replacing and saw the Explorer and was sold. Great ride, great handling, quiet, nice appointments.

For those of you awaiting your delivery, you're going to be pretty damn happy. Just took delivery of a 2011 Sterling Grey on Stone Limited over the weekend loaded w/all options except sunroof (couldn't get past the fact the front shade had to be open if rear shade was open, so passed on this feature). Anyway, it's an incredibly awesome vehicle. Had an '03 Expedition Eddie Bauer that needed replacing and saw the Explorer and was sold. Great ride, great handling, quiet, nice appointments.

Robostreak, how long did it take for you to get your car from the time you ordered it?

So someone is going to throw all of this into a matrix with conditional formatting and identify order/sync/deliver/option package trends right? :D

Ordered 3/14 and still unscheduled clean NO VIN
Limited
Sterling Gray
Charcoal Interior
Spec 302A
Moonroof
Towing
DVD
2nd row Buckets w/console

Ordered the second week of February
Built March 24
In my possession March 31
4x4 Limited, Kona Blue, 302a, Pecan Seats, Tow Package, 20in. wheels

FYI - Ordering the brochure from the Ford Marketing Dept. did produce a $750 "coupon" Salesman was able to look up the coupon on the system and verify and we closed before the coupon actually got here.

Ordered ~1/31
Built ~2/26 (Window sticker has 3/3, but dealer reported it was built already on 2/27.)
Arrived at WA dealer ~3/23
Currently on a boat to arrive here (HI) next week or the following week.

So someone is going to throw all of this into a matrix with conditional formatting and identify order/sync/deliver/option package trends right? :D

Good idea. Go for it. :) Looks like railroad problem. Delivery seems to be quicker when going west.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi folks, new member here.

Similar to Gmon above, I put a deposit on a "dealer ordered" LTD in Stering Gray and Charcoal interior. The window sticker was available last week, and the build date/week is listed as 4/4 (this week). I sent a PM to Seni to ask for any more details, but haven't heard back yet.

Back