Which Exhaust Manifold or header for 5.0? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Exhaust Manifold or header for 5.0?

Exploder240k

Reaction score
City, State
Indy
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 240k mile
Which Exhaust manifold or header can I buy for my 5.0 L that will be an improvement over the stock ones and won't break my wallet?

First, thanks so much to you guys that post AWESOME threads about fixing and improving your Explorers. (Yes I do search and read old threads to find answers before I post a question.) This site is very much the reason I have not thrown my old Ex in the trash. Thanks to the helpful advice I've read and how much fun you guys have with your trucks; now I want to keep my Ex AND improve it. One day I'll be posting in the Modified threads.:D

Special thanks to MountaineerGreen. Your "MountaineerGreen's how-to write up list" might just become my Internet startup page. :notworthy

Yes I want those Torque Monster Headers, but I can't afford them. Is there a cheaper alternative besides reusing those factory :censored:???

Yes I want those Torque Monster Headers
That's it. Well worth saving up for them. They will pay for them selves in the gas money you will save after installing them, if you can keep your right out of it. It's really hard to do the first month after putting them on. The acceleration and power is very tempting.

Back