Photos - Lcpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Lcpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport

Cpl Dozier's 2001 X Sport

Hello, my name is Adam. I have a 2001 Explorer Sport. I lived in Pensacola Florida most of my life but half way through my Senior year my mother moved to Fultondale, Alabama, which is about one mile north of the Birmingham city limit. I graduated high school and joined the Marine Corps obviously by my name on this site. I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan, which is where I have been since May of 2004. I will remain here until October of 2007 then I get out of the Marine Corps to become a custom car stereo fabricator and installer. I am going to go to Acoustic Edge Institute in Houston, Texas and take all of the class because it is free and covered by my military VA. I have experience in automobile repossesions. I am currently becoming a certified professional locksmith. And currently also learning to work with fiberglass starting with a few vehicles over here who need subwoofer boxes built and fabricated. I enjoy anything to do with cars or trucks. I am a stereo addict also with six twelves in my Explorer. I come home on leave every now and then and work hard on my truck. I came home in February about almost two months ago and dropped around 4,500.00 in the thing. I have over 12,000.00 invested in it. Much more to come. I won't stop until it is show quality. Everything interior has to be redone and I need air ride suspension. The truck is in the body shop. Here is a before and after shot of the truck. I apologize for the large pics. I am using a work computer and I cannot change the sizes. Or at least I don't have the time to.
Here is the list of mods:
6-MTX 5500 DVC 12'S
3-MTX 801D MONO AMPS
1.0 FARAD SWX CAPACITOR
STREET WIRES DISTRIBUTION BLOCK
STREET WIRES CABLES
PIONEER HEAD UNIT
ROCKFORD FOSGATE 5X7 IN FRONT AND REAR
FLUSH MOUNT TWEETERS
PASSPORT 8500 RADAR DETECTOR
10" NEON BLUE LIGHTS UNDER DASH AND REAR SEATS
2-6.5 IN. SUN VISOR TV'S
10.4 IN. FLIP DOWN TV REAR SEATS
5% TINT ALL AROUND
CUSTOM PAINTED CLADDING
CUSTOM CUT FOG LIGHT HOLES
CUSTOM FOG LIGHTS
CLEAR CORNERS
BILLET GRILLES TOP AND BOTTOM
ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS
XPLORER EMBLEM, SHAVED "E"
SHAVED "SPORT" EMBLEM
LOWERED WINDSHIELD WIPER
VIPER 791XV W/REMOTE START AND TRACKING
CUSTOM "HEARING PROTECTION REQUIRED" STICKER
CUSTOM "MTX AUDIO" STICKER
20" BOSS 301 RIMS WITH BF GOODRICH TIRES
20" CHROME DUST PLATES BEHIND RIMS
LOWERED 2-1/2 INCHES
CUSTOM SCT EMBLEM
PAINTED AND DETAILED ENGINE COMPARTMENT
2-10" NEON WHITE LIGHTS FOR UNDER HOOD LIGHTS
VOLANT COLD AIR INTAKE
JET PERFORMANCE CHIP (REMOVED)
SCT XCALIBRATOR II PROGRAMER MODULE
GIBSON CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
BLUE UNDER BODY LIGHTS
HID 10,000K HEADLIGHTS
BLUE CORNER MARKER LIGHTS
OPTIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY

stocktruck.jpg

truckgrass2.jpg

leavepics013.jpg

leavepics067.jpg

leavepics119.jpg

leavepics116.jpg

leavepics094.jpg

leavepics048.jpg

77c1c3d1.jpg

leavepics062.jpg

leavepics060.jpg

e28fedbe.jpg

f5f10d1d.jpg

e3fa0d21.jpg

53a89771.jpg

ae1b2c2b.jpg

499f38e4.jpg

0fc2366c.jpg

59a932f5.jpg

4f36ce19.jpg

449cf4e4.jpg

435275d8.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I have had this thread for some time now and still no feedback. Positives or negatives accepted. Tell me what you think.

e3fa0d21.jpg

I like the SCT symbol

Nice truck!

-Drew

stereo does not exist anymore due to thieves. however a new set of pictures of the truck should be out within a week or two from the body shop when they are done painting and shaving it.

Quick update. The body shop has shaved the Antenna, rear windsheld wiper, roof rack, and rear bumper. The truck has also been repainted White with Ocean Blue Pearl. They are working on a roll pan right now. Once the truck is done I will post pictures.

Can't wait to see it, nice truck.

Funny.......The body shop still has the truck and I have paid them already. I guess it takes longer than a month or two two make a roll pan.

Nice truck, Im not liking the fake brake rotors, and window stickers. I always thought that huge stickers showing off audio equiptment is an open invitation to steal all of it.

Well, the truck came out of the body shop and word has it that they did shave the roof rack, and the rear bumper and fabricated a roll pan, and also shaved the rear window wiper. However, the antenna is still on and not shaved, the paint has light and dark spots in it, the bumper in the rear is not level. The bumper has visible non galvanized self tapping screws in it. The rear window has the bumpers missing on the inside corners of the bottom which keeps it from hurting the glass when you close it. And there are supposedly chips in the paint to the metal below one of the tail lights. I will post the pictures of it soon as they are emailed to me from my Aunt. Remember I am in Okinawa, Japan and cannot see the truck. I already sent an email to the body shop owner complaining and will have the truck sent back to fix it right. If I have to I will get an attorney and own the body shop. Check up on this thread for photos soon.

Cool, looks great, get those new pics up with the new mods when ya get em :)

No Dave...Not cool. This is a disaster. The body shop messed up my truck. I contacted them and they said send it back in and they will fix the problem.

Well it all sounds fixable, hopefully. Still sucks, but you have a start to the work at least although it sounds like they "farmed" the job out on you. (Along with the obvious shafting) I essentially missed the whole post before mine. Time to move onto another body shop! Good luck, I had a friend stationed over in okinawa for a lil while in the corps, Jason Caldwell.

Photos coming tonight. The truck is now back in the body shop. I will post everything wrong with it and all photos I have of the truck.

When are you going to start working on mine ?

Awesome Explorer

"Semper Fi"

Ha ha, Nasty, I am having a hard enough time working on mine.
The truck was supposed to be painted white with ocean blue pearl. The antenna, roof rack, and rear window wiper and bumper were all supposed to be shaved. The roll pan then was supposed to be made and the truck was broke into. The stereo was stolen and all sorts of stuff went wrong. Window tint messed up, damage to the paint from forced entry. The alarm which is a viper 791xv was not armed and it was cut and the body shop is going to have that replaced also. Every thing that could go wrong went wrong. Here is a list of a few things that did go wrong. They will never forget my truck I assure you. And it is currently back in the body shop after being out for only one week and me having it put right back in.
Here is a picture of my stolen head unit from the body shop.
740551-R1-12-11A.jpg

Hard to see, but there are cracks in the paint above the tail light.
740551-R1-13-12A.jpg

When my grandfather went to pick up the truck, the rear window's weather stripping was still off of the truck and they washed it several times and water leaked inside the truck and ruined the box and the carpet is starting to dry rot. The body shop is paying for the box- 175 and the replacement of the carpet.
740551-R1-14-13A.jpg

The interior panels all looked like this upon return. Full of dust and body filler dust. Water ran in this and stained the rear plastic trim. It is also being replace at the body shops expense.
740551-R1-15-14A.jpg

Here you see another picture of the entire stereo stolen and the box mildewed and soured. You can also see the fabricated roll pan, which is not level and is made poorly. They are redoing it as we speak. Didn't even use galvanized screws. It will rust in time, also they are self tapping. LOL. They now will use rivots.
740551-R1-16-15A.jpg

The antenna that was supposed to be shaved is still on the truck.
740551-R1-17-16A.jpg

One of the guys at the body shop locked the keys in the truck, and then had to break into the truck and cracked the paint on the door and window.
740551-R1-18-17A.jpg

They also ruined some of the tint, which is being replaced.
740551-R1-19-18A.jpg

This picture shows a run in the paint which you cannot see.
740551-R1-20-19A.jpg

Look how crappy the roll pan contours to the body.
740551-R1-21-20A.jpg

Look how the roll pan falls away from the truck in the corners, and how the bottom edges are kind of squared off. That is all being fixed. The roll pan also is not the same color as the truck. You can however see a little bit of the blue pearl added to the white paint in this photo if you look into the flash area of the picture.
740551-R1-22-21A.jpg

Roof rack gone. Good job.
740551-R1-24-23A.jpg

740551-R1-25-24A.jpg

Aftermarket fog lights which were in the truck, were supposed to be replaced with the original fog lights which I bought from Spindlecone. The fog lights were found inside the truck under the passenger seat broken. Those are also being paid for. Here is a picture of the fog lights that were supposed to be removed.
740551-R1-26-25A.jpg

Here is another picture of the rear of the truck. You can see the roll pan and the shaved roof rack and the shaved rear window wiper.
body_shop5.jpg

hard to see most of those pictures- but if the rest is as bad as the rollpan, i wouldn't even let them try to fix it. I'd just get a lawyer.

Well, the owner of the body shop said that he thought that the guys that worked for him thought they could handle it. The owner says that he will fix it all himself and promises me for a full recovery. I figure if it is out of his pocket, and he is going to try to fix it without any trouble, then let him try. If it does not look good when he is done, then I will get an attorney and get my money out of the deal for another body shop to finish the project. I figure I will give him about a month and I will call and see where he is unless he calls me first and is done, which won't happen. I told him to take his time.

hopefully it works out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope so. I have soo much to do before I come home on leave in Nov. I need to get a new head unit,(Eclipse or Clarion or Pioneer) new components (JBL GTI), kick panels, alternator from Iraggi alternators, 240 amp. I need to have a custom box made for the x..'s. I need to buy a component amp from us amps for the jbl's. I need new wiring and ground and power distribution blocks. I also need to get a hc2400 cap from kinetik and a hc1800 for the battery from kinetik. I will also do the big 3 under the hood. Dynamat will happen when I get home. I will do that myself. I might be forgetting some things.

Back