• Register Today It's free!

what my X is turning into!

ExplorerJimbo

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer XLT
I purchased my 01' back in 03' and have been wheeling with it ever since! I love it!

This is with TT Shackles and AAL on 31's
769607_1.jpg

769607_12.jpg

Then I went up to a 3" Body lift short after!
769607_21.jpg

769607_57.jpg

This picture is from a few weeks ago when both my driver and passanger side hub assemblys went out and I decided to start on a sas/soa...
SD530490.jpg

with the rear soa
SD530507.jpg

SD530508.jpg

This is where im at right now!
SD530778.jpg

SD530774.jpg

SD530780.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah and another is born

Looks sweet man love the rear bumper

thanks! yeah another victim claimed!
i posted a few close up pics of my bumper without the tire carrier in the offroad fab thread

I was just going to ask if you had some more pics of it, I know I have seen it before in other pics of your but damn does it look good hiked up on the SOA

man looks good.

You even in TN. Man i might just have to drive over there. ha ha

Griffin - yeah sittin like that on those stands doesnt look safe but its sturdy... now when i was doint the rear... it almost slid of the jack stands right on its butt and me...

thanks though!

sparky- those last few pics were from about 30 minutes ago.. i have more pictures on my cardomain site.. my name on there is jimbosx

burns - i live in knoxville haha its not far from you

griffin- im also going to wait till i get my spring hangers on and some support between the rails up front before i start hackin... but believe me... ill be happy to see that rack go!

i found one today actually at a junk yard of course. (over the phone) its a waggy. i dont know the details on it yet except that he wants 100 bucks for it. Im going to go look at it tomorrow though and i may come home with it along with a 94 X steering pump for 25 bucks from the same place

Sweet. Are you going to use the steering pump and box from a 1st gen.

yeah. i've read they work so im gonna go with it and see how it does!

Yeah it should be a pretty easy swap. I dont see why it would be to bad.

well im hoping itll go smooth but you know how that usually goes. I need to get that axle so i can put it in place, line it up so i can get some measurments on some spring hangers that i would like to start this weekend

Dude, those doors are so sweet! can u get some more picts of the doors and the light bar? Im thinking about making a light bar/roof rack basket this weekend and I need some ideas for it. Thanks!

naxel - thanks! for the light bar. the only thing i did was buy some lights from auto zone and bolt them on the stock rack... ill get pics of it for ya though later on... as far as the doors i've got a thread

SD530494.jpg

EDIT:
1-6.jpg

2.jpg

SD530496-1.jpg

my friend and i fabbed them up in about 15 hours 3 weeks ago... totally custom

On the waggy axle make sure its drivers side drop before you drag it home. Those doors are sweet! Hmm Ideas!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't suppose you have any more pics of your bumper do you? That's pretty much the style I'm leaning towards. I'm mostly curious how the mounts are done.

Back