Most Modded Explorer? Project Gotham | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Most Modded Explorer? Project Gotham

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Was searching the web for ideas to make customize my explorer. Saw a pic of what looked like an Explorer in the Funk Master Flex show in 06,started doing some research and found clear pics of it. Its a nice show truck..a bit over done for my taste but again its a show car
http://www.cardomain.com/features/projectgotham
xtremeX.jpg

xtremeX2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol.... I new Xquizit (sp) had to be somewhere in the pics...

Funny how they never mess with motors. You can even tell on this one besides blue hoses and a painted cover... its very normal. Hence the lack of pictures to the engine bay.... pretty much means its untouched.

that is one of the most hideous things ive ever seen... props to their precision cuz it is well done... just very... very.... ugly

Wow :eek:

did anybody see the newer generation explorer in the Truckin mag??not a bad lookin x

YES!!! i saw it. Its a silver 02 explorer w/ air bags on 22s..but i really don't like the taillights and the frenched license plate..IMO looks horrible

Yeah WTF, that thing is pretty ugly. It's one of those vehicles that some one took everything they can possibly put on a vehicle and called it good.

That Truckin' Explorer's not bad either but it looks like every other 3rd gen that has had clear corners put on, lowered a little bit, and rims put on. Other than the Paxton in it, its pretty vanilla for a car "modified" on a TV show.

that thing is not street legal, right???

that thing is not street legal, right???
NOPE.

It doesn't matter what state it's in, there's a Federal regulation about modifying vehicles equipped with airbags.
That horrible "Batman" Steering wheel alone knocks out the legality.

Not to mention the umpteen Monitors visible to the driver, the tail lights which are now speaker enclosures and the 50 other things I could see wrong with it.:p:

All the fiberglassing took some skill though.
:bsnicker: After all that work they put some $15 Dollar Ricer Pedals on it from Pepboys.

I saw that X in person at a car show in Toronto. I was pretty insane to see, but way overdone I think. Props for the work that went into it though...

did anybody see the newer generation explorer in the Truckin mag??not a bad lookin x

Ha, yep, now I have. My mom just brought home Truckin' Vol. 33, No. 12 and it's in that one...:thumbsup: I like it!

All the fiberglassing took some skill though.
:bsnicker: After all that work they put some $15 Dollar Ricer Pedals on it from Pepboys.
LMAO i saw that when i was first looking at the truck and was like WTF!?!?!

Ha, yep, now I have. My mom just brought home Truckin' Vol. 33, No. 12 and it's in that one...:thumbsup: I like it!

I really don't like the rear of the truck..everything else is nice. Shaving the taillights looks horrible IMO and the slanted license plate is even worst.
But i guess the owner likes it:rolleyes:

Here's the Ex from Truckin..... Or atleast the last 1 I've seen. I have a subscription and never saw an Ex on air :dunno:
2043028_17_full.jpg

Here's the Cardomain for it....http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2043028

look at that cardomain page... is that not the most badass dual exhaust on that ex? i wonder how he ran it cuz it doesnt look like it goes under the diff... unless he removed the spare

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like how he claims that it weighs 3,900lbs LOL

The 2wd versions from factory weigh about 4,100.... he has AT LEAST 1,000 extra pounds on that thing from all the audio, supercharger etc. Its funny how it weighs less than stock.

I put on about 300pnds in just my SC and motor upgrades, wheels and simple accessories... I weighed in at 4656 from a factory 4,300 4x4 version.

Not haten, definitely very nice work, just don't like when people BS. Also theres no way he turned a 13.5 with all that Audio at just 392hp, doesnt say its whp. Maybe he installed the SC, stripped the crap out of the X before all his audio mods, weighed it, then I would believe he weighed 3,900 and hit the track totally stripped.

Back