Show your 1st gen flex | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show your 1st gen flex

3" wider per side thats odd :) LOL usually people go 4.25 or whatever it use to allow the use of D44 outer shafts, regardless that TTB owns

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that right there is a baby making machine. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Damn straight! Gotta love that back seat LOL!

nice do you have extended radiusarms and coil overs and thats it??

Update

Inbox.jpg

Picture_0451.jpg

Picture_0471.jpg

Ok it's official.

I HAVE to do an SAS now.

By the way I love the notchyou did on the back roof.

I want to do that someday.

wasnt this a ttb fex thread?

ummmm...want to shear how that could happen?

Gear ratios have to be within a couple of percent or the driveline will bind, tires that are too far apart in size will change the effective gear ratio and if you 4x4 that way it will stress the drivetrain.

Gear ratios have to be within a couple of percent or the driveline will bind, tires that are too far apart in size will change the effective gear ratio and if you 4x4 that way it will stress the drivetrain.[/QUOTE

never heard of that happening before

Gear ratios have to be within a couple of percent or the driveline will bind, tires that are too far apart in size will change the effective gear ratio and if you 4x4 that way it will stress the drivetrain.

never heard of anythng close to that happening with tires. but i have heard of the gears making it happen

never heard of anythng close to that happening except with a locker

I too have heard and seen this happen, well through cousins video phone, close enough.

you heard wrong

a 4x4 system will bind up, even with open diffs, if you have different gear ratios / or tire sizes

Try this, take one tire down to 10 psi, leave the other 3 at 30 and go drive around in the dirt in 4x4 low...... I wouldnt do it to my truck, but it will prove the point :)

best shot I have of my flex, Ill have to get some close ups! Consider this a "before" I am shooting for 18" of wheel travel up front with new steering and coilovers

b2crack.jpg

yeah i knew that much of a diference and that a gear ratio difference would make athat happen. but i had never heard of that happening with tire before oh and i like your bronco 2... its the nicest i have ever seen and its got a good amount of ttb flex.

thanks! She has about 12-13" of wheel travel up front, thats half of what the SAS guys I wheel with are running

My TTB setup currently is:
custom D35 beams, cut and turned at the pivot for 3" lift, extended 1" per side track width
Duff 2" drop brackets
skyjacker radius arms with rubber bushings
Skyjacker 6" coils with F-150 spring seats
Rancho 9000
Stupidlift Stupidrunner steering kit, rebuilt with replace-able tie rod ends
Mquay Norris extreme ball joints
Stupidlift rubber brake lines
C clip delete, spring in slip yoke with welded dust cap
custom passenger axle shaft
Warn Jeep hubs
35x12.5 DC Baja MTZ's on 15x10 steelies

Next I am going swingset steering, 12-14" - 2.0 coilovers, heim radius arms, d44 outers, full cage :) shooting for 18" of wheel travel from these beams

Latest trip to Moab finally took me to the Golden Crack.

EB Dana 44, Cage Offroad 3.5" EB suspension, Cage Arms, Skyjacker 6" BII leaf springs, 35" BFG Crawlers. Not sure of the total travel, lots.

Moab9-08018.jpg

Moab9-08020.jpg

Moab9-08021.jpg

Moab9-08088-1.jpg

Nice.

Here it is.. over the years..

January 2000 - Duff 2.5" lift.. I think 31" tires.
Dead Link Removed

January 2006 - Duff 2.5" lift OME-36 rear springs war-153 shackles .. 32" tires (I think)
Dead Link Removed

October 2007 - Duff 2.5" lift + f-150 spacers ome-36 springs + war 153 shackles 33" tires
2109571222_5289fcc39b.jpg

More flex.. now using longer front shocks (12" travel)..

2981292457_6df9e81b58_b.jpg

next upgrade is to install the extended radius arms..

~Mark

Sweet

Nice.

Can't get away with that stuff in the daylight huh?

Nice.

Can't get away with that stuff in the daylight huh?

nope, its on a college campus down the street from my house :p

when i got stuck they(campus security) gave me two choices:

1: try to get out on my own while they call the cops
2: let them call someone to pull me out and to never return to the parking lot unless im going to class...which i will be in a few more weeks haha

I <3 BroncoII's

if i didnt have so much money tied up in my sport I would be building a b2 instead, oh well if anything happens to my sport i can just swap everything over to a b2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here one of mine, this was the biggest thing i could find that would work.
0108091401.jpg

0108091402.jpg

Back