mountaineer is going under the knife | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer is going under the knife

dumping the AC wouldnt realy help much, as its a clutched pulley, there is next to no resistance untill you turn it on, you would only save about 4 lbs. i almost bought a kit to dump mine when i had the engine out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine has been more trouble then useful honestly. between the new compressor and evaporator i spent too much money for it to only break less then 20k miles later. thats the only think that ever gave me trouble that pissed me off haha. i hate workin on AC stuff but that could be because i don't kno much about them

ok so i'm on my way homein a few hours then its straight to the garage!!!!! haha my girl said she will bring me food till i'm done so i should be good for the weekend

ok so i'm on my way homein a few hours then its straight to the garage!!!!! haha my girl said she will bring me food till i'm done so i should be good for the weekend

Does your Chick have a sister, lol. I have lost several girlfriends because I work on my truck too much and dont have enough time for them, LMAO. On a serious not have a safe trip home and make sure you take lots of pictures.

i honestly think i'm the luckies guy in the world haha she old gets mad if i don't modify her car. i told her i'm stealing the camera i just bought her and filling it with pics so plan on a full page of pics

Glad to hear you will be home to work on the Mounty and get up some pics.

Even though she may let you work on your vehicle whenever and however long, you better do some "tuning up" with her;)

I got home early yesterday morning then went straight to the garage. lift is installed along with the 4th gen mirrors, rear bumper guard,drilled rotors and pads. after I drop the old 20s off the 35s will be mounted up. im ready to do some trimming even tho I don't think it will needed.

my brother was using my truck to haul his trailer so I came home to a few surprises. needs passanger front wheel bearing, tar all over my hood and front end and out of alignment from the accident. lastly a cracked windshield from a hail storm we had. haha just my luck but she is getting there. almost forgot but tomarrow if its not raining im gonna take some pics for yall
Posted via Mobile Device

Ahh sounds like a hell of a time...just gives you more reasons to replace stuff :p:

i know the 35s aren't on yet but by the 30th they will be on. new toys installed but still alot to go
IMAGE_111.jpg

rear bumper gaurd
IMAGE_112.jpg

IMAGE_113.jpg

That sucks that crap happened. But hey the mounty is still lookin good.

rear bumper gaurd
IMAGE_112.jpg

Does that guard affect the back up sensors and drive you nuts yet when backing up? I love the look, but Ive become dependent on the "beeps"

i love it!!

holy crap!! that is freaking awesome mack, keep it up!!

i don't have the sensors hooked up because i use me backup camera so its really no different for me. i got really dependent on the beeping till one day i was parting and they didn't work .

looks bad ass keep up good work i like how it looks is ur mounty a 6 or 8 cylinder

V8 i just can't wait to get the exhaust finished.

07312009066.jpg

07312009067.jpg

07312009069.jpg

07312009070.jpg

07312009071.jpg

07312009072.jpg

07312009073.jpg

07312009074.jpg

07312009075.jpg

07312009076.jpg

07312009077.jpg

07312009078.jpg

08012009079.jpg

08012009080.jpg

08012009081.jpg

08012009082.jpg

08012009083.jpg

With the 35's minor cutting but fit beautiful. I couldnt believe I got it done in the amount of time I had but thanks to a couple of good friends, heres the outcome. Lets here some thoughts

Lookin dam good man!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin dam good man!

thanks it was a hella lotta work but its getting to be almost finished. what kind of rims do you have on your expedition? my buddy thinks they're sick

Back