Weld-it yourself radius arms? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weld-it yourself radius arms?

bump...whats the status on these?
this a no go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Bumpin this thread back to life...:D

...BTF just built two different sets of RA's for me and I am using Ballistic 2.63 joints with both pair...This might give you guys an idea of his beefy fabrication and let you know that these are built to take some abuse..;)

...This set of RA's are going on the Explorer to replace the Stupidlift arms I keep breaking...This is his most commonly built RA's for 6" lifted trucks and pre-runners...
suspension_upgrade.jpg

...This set is going on my Ranger and either set can easily be run on the Explorers and Rangers...Different set up configuration while designed for the most flex and extra stout in case you land these on a rock...These are perfect for 4" lift and up...:biggthump...

...Comparison shot against a stock RA...
joints_002.jpg

joints_003.jpg

...BTF can also make and supply the joint pockets for you too...;)

...Bumpin this thread back to life...:D

...BTF just built two different sets of RA's for me and I am using Ballistic 2.63 joints with both pair...This might give you guys an idea of his beefy fabrication and let you know that these are built to take some abuse..;)

...This set of RA's are going on the Explorer to replace the Stupidlift arms I keep breaking...This is his most commonly built RA's for 6" lifted trucks and pre-runners...
suspension_upgrade.jpg

...This set is going on my Ranger and either set can easily be run on the Explorers and Rangers...Different set up configuration while designed for the most flex and extra stout in case you land these on a rock...These are perfect for 4" lift and up...:biggthump...

...Comparison shot against a stock RA...
joints_002.jpg

joints_003.jpg

...BTF can also make and supply the joint pockets for you too...;)

how much did you pay for the explorer RA's? and

...Both sets were custom built and welded by BTF so I payed full price...I was hoping this could benefit the Forum members as good quality products are getting harder to find for our trucks...

...Now that he has done all the work and made some templates, he said if he got enough interest in a group buy he could give a discounted price welded up and cheaper for the weld them your self's plus shipping of course..

I would be interested in a set, either welded or weld it yourself. Just as long as it's cheaper then the James Duff arms..,

...I know all of the parts I used are better and stronger than James Duff...Both of these sets of arms are completely boxed all the way around...

...The set for my Ranger with the single tube is actually a double tube set up...One tube over the other for the full length and they are both completely welded...

...I'm not sure on JD's prices but if you could post what they are just for the arms, it might help others while comparing their product to these stout RA's...:dunno:

The James Duff extended RA's sell for $569.00 plus shipping. That includes the frame mounts and a custom cross member. Pretty much everything you need to bolt them in. This is just an FYI for the thread.

http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/radiusarms.html

I really like the look of the BTF ones. May be looking to do this in the future. Might have a go at building my own first...

Interesteddddd if the price is right.

...For those that are interested, it might speed things along on which pair you would want...The first set or the second set..:dunno:

...For those that are interested, it might speed things along on which pair you would want...The first set or the second set..
I vote for the least expensive set. Which, if I understand correctly, is the WIY pair.

The James Duff extended RA's sell for $569.00 plus shipping. That includes the frame mounts and a custom cross member. Pretty much everything you need to bolt them in. This is just an FYI for the thread.

http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/radiusarms.html

I really like the look of the BTF ones. May be looking to do this in the future. Might have a go at building my own first...

I'll be honest and say that's a great price for all you get. I can't make 'em that cheap...

... How about a price for just diy ra's? No bungs, pockets, joints, etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

I vote for the least expensive set. Which, if I understand correctly, is the WIY pair.
I think he meant of the 2 different styles shown in the photos.

^^^^ :eek: he is still alive after all!

Eh, if you call this "living" :)

I'll be honest and say that's a great price for all you get. I can't make 'em that cheap...

I have heard a few complaints about the strength of the Duff stuff, and from the looks of the BTF arms, that will not be an issue...

Are you willing to post a price or is that kinda gonna be on a order by order basis?

I have heard a few complaints about the strength of the Duff stuff, and from the looks of the BTF arms, that will not be an issue...

Are you willing to post a price or is that kinda gonna be on a order by order basis?

it really all depends on what you'd need. Tbar's were kind of a custom fit thing, since he had pivot brackets and tranny x-member already so we had to work around that.
what I'd like to build is a simple setup, with bolt/weld on pivot brackets that go just in front of the tranny x-member, pivoting on 1.25" heims and radius arms. I could do these for $625/set fully welded, or $475/set weld-it-yourself.

... How about a price for just diy ra's? No bungs, pockets, joints, etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

...Or just a group price of above mentioned if you can get 10 or more to commit..:scratch:

...and about how much for shipping?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back