2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Epic shot's mate!!!! EPIC!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome pics millertime! although i think your 4x4 will throw a fit if you try to put that tiny spare on. :p

Hahaaha Yeah thats just for emergency to get me off the mountain. I need to look around town and see if I can find a cheap full size spare.

Epic shot's mate!!!! EPIC!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Lynchy. My views arent near as nice as your beach shots!

Nice pics MT! I like the poser shot on the stump!

Yeah I think gearing is definitely a worthwhile thing. Finally getting mine done along with the locker next week.

What brands are you gonna go with? I think I'm gonna stick the Yukon 4.10s in mine. Wish I could afford a locker but for now its looking like just gears. I have the stock 3.55s right now so I should see a huge difference. Also, you going with an electric or air locker?

I went with Yukon 4.10's and master kits.

For the locker, I decided to run an Aussie lunchbox locker based on all the positive feedback from BigOne65 (lifted and locked 3rd Gen) as well as other 2nd Gen users.

An air locker would be awesome....mucho $$$ though.

I just wanted to ask as well if getting a locker, can you get say 4.10's (front and back) instead of just re-gearing? In my head (y'all know how weird that place is) the pumpkin get's changed when buying a locker so is that the go to save on double buying? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

I went with Yukon 4.10's and master kits.

For the locker, I decided to run an Aussie lunchbox locker based on all the positive feedback from BigOne65 (lifted and locked 3rd Gen) as well as other 2nd Gen users.

An air locker would be awesome....mucho $$$ though.

Good call on the Yukon's. Ive seen too many cheap ring and pinion sets that are awfully cut. Yukons always come looking smooth and perfect. Plus I've never heard a set of Yukons sing either.

I just wanted to ask as well if getting a locker, can you get say 4.10's (front and back) instead of just re-gearing? In my head (y'all know how weird that place is) the pumpkin get's changed when buying a locker so is that the go to save on double buying? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

The 4.10s are the re-gearing of the ring and pinion inside of the pumpkin. The locker is the replacement for the carrier within the diff. So you wont have to double buy anything, rather just replace everything within the differential.

Good call on the Yukon's. Ive seen too many cheap ring and pinion sets that are awfully cut. Yukons always come looking smooth and perfect. Plus I've never heard a set of Yukons sing either.

Yes it was tempting to cut costs on this mod, but after hearing good things again and again about Yukons I figured this was one area that I didn't want to skimp on.

Cheers mate! Thank's for clearing thing's up.:thumbsup:

Ronin8002 get locker yet? What type did you go with? for the front and back? and how are the suspention spacers doing at 1.75 in front ball joints ok? also very nice pics MT.

Ronin8002 get locker yet? What type did you go with? for the front and back? and how are the suspention spacers doing at 1.75 in front ball joints ok? also very nice pics MT.

BigOne I got the locker and it is modified and ready to go in. Going to put it in while I have the diffs out for re-gearing. I'm leaving the front open since it looks like you've done fine with an open front and a locked rear.

Can't say on the suspension spacers yet but I have a day off of work this week and will try and get them done then. Might need to do limit straps to keep the balljoints happy but will run them a while and see first.

Limithing strap will help. Gears help big time you will realy love the locker. How much for the gears to be installed it cost me 2000$ for gears and install total worth every cent!

Gears and master kits cost about 800. Install should be a couple hundred an axle.

I already did the modding to make the aussie fit. Center gap is only .130 though which they say is too tight in the manual but everyone I talk to has the same issue on the 8.8 axle and they just run it and it works fine.

i know you guys are all talking about the 4.10, i was considering the 4.56 g2 set on 4wheelparts
thoughts?

Heres my updated explorer, new tires!

DSCN7057.jpg

DSCN7052.jpg

DSCN7058.jpg

^ love the hitch cover

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back