4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

Here is a Photos about the mounting spot

Makkah%2BAl%2BMukarrama-20120321-00006.jpg

more photos can be found here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1039...s/5722244546320183361?authkey=COne87CsxYf24AE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Everything looks the same except I have black bushings. I'll try to put the inner washers in and retorque to 75 lbft.

I just noticed in your pics that the outer washers are alot smaller than
Mine. My stock bolts have washers made onto them. Is that a separate washer in these pics or is that the one made onto the bolt?

the outer and inner washers are separate and they are in the same size. I bought them from the nearest hardware store.

My stock bolts also have washers made onto them.

look closely here, you can notice the stock bolt's washer and the separate outer washer.

Makkah+Al+Mukarrama-20120321-00013.jpg

Makkah+Al+Mukarrama-20120321-00011.jpg

Ok thanks. Only thing I can do is try the inner washer and lube the sleeves. Thanks again for the help

He didn't even mention using the washers. So I just guessed on the size. I'm gonna try to find a smaller one. I assume the grade on the washer doesn't matter?

I used washers I had on hand, inner only, and my setup seems fine. Haven't re-checked the torque yet, though. If buying them anyway, probably wise to go higher grade.

Yea. Before I used red loc tite they came so loose that I turned the bolt 2 more times and the nut fell off.

29036708.jpg

Well for some reason the squeak stopped
Today. Hopefully it last. Here are some pics Keep in mind I run 2.5" spacers

BTF UCA clearance for wider tire on stock wheel?

Stepj19 - Nice Ex! Thanks for posting the pictures. :thumbsup:

Allaa' - I am currently running 245 70 17 tires on the stock wheels (looks a little goofy with the lift, that's why no pics at the moment). I want to upgrade to 265 70 17, keeping the stock wheels if possible. Have you experienced any clearance issue between the 265s and the UCA? There is only about 1/2" of space between the sidewall of my 245s and the uni-ball housing, so I'm concerned about the wider tires. Or will I need to go to wheels with a little less backspace? Or 245 75 17?

I didn't have any clearance issue between the 265's and UCA because the 265's is only 20mm wider which means the tire will become colser only 10mm to the UCA.

On the other hand, because of the lift the wheels went inside and looked so dorky. For that I used 25mm spacers to compensate. And now the tires are in the exact level with fender arch.

5792321640_b8431017f6_z.jpg

5759839109_c9ce53d66f_b.jpg

5759836085_fa0a33dcc7_b.jpg

5759849087_2ba6bff8a1_b.jpg

Ok I'm still having problems. I'm posting pics. It still seems the metal sleeves are just to short. Let me know what u all think. The bushing has sunk in a lot to try and compensate for the short sleeves. I think this is why I can't keep anything tight.

1520144e.jpg

40d4fd31.jpg

As u can see even with the bushing sunk in from the washers the metal sleeve still is not even with the outside. Please let me know if u all agree or if I'm completely wrong. Thanks!

Got ahold of Brandon. He confirmed that the sleeves are to short. He is making new ones so hopefully that fixes the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went ahead and added some grease fittings so I can keep every lubed.

7094a98a.jpg

f1b1b664.jpg

Back