New Aluminum Sport Pedals | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yeah. Sorry forgot to reply, but I ordered the day I received the info. I ordered the block version. Can't wait

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah. Sorry forgot to reply, but I ordered the day I received the info. I ordered the block version. Can't wait

Did I give you a code?

About how long will lt be before our pedals start to ship out

My Pedals arrive Monday. Dunno if I will be able to install them the same day. I will take pics for you out of the box.

Buzz

Just got my pedals in. Look gorgeous. A little surprised that I have four though. I don't have a clutch but maybe I can save it for down the road, and that rest position is already too small for my size 13 but I might try.

Just don't know how soon. Hope they work out and feel as good as they look.

Just got my pedals in. Look gorgeous. A little surprised that I have four though. I don't have a clutch but maybe I can save it for down the road, and that rest position is already too small for my size 13 but I might try.

Just don't know how soon. Hope they work out and feel as good as they look.

The tiny lil guy is for your park brake.

Post some real world pictures. Uninstalled and installed.

Well, I am in the process of installing these pedals. The E-brake required the drilling two holes into the ford oem steel pedal after the rubber cover was removed. I smoked a few 1/16 inch bits just to get the first of many up-sized drill holes. Afterwards two screws and nuts were used to install the pedal onto the steel ebrake.

The dead foot was easy. The oem is plastic. I drilled four 1/16 inch starter holes and used four of the self tapping screws using a Phillips head to install.

Now the issues.

The main brake pedal has a rubber cover...Easy to remove. Once it is removed, I found that how the flat metal base is attached/pressed onto the arm of the brake pedal does not allow for a uniform screw/nut combo. The new pedal has 12 holes. I dont think I will be able to make those four screws line up into a square shape pattern. The upper right hand of the brake pedal has either a hole(s) or the arm of the pedal is in the way for drilling, let alone for a screw and nut to be placed. Ugh!

The other problem might not be so bad. The gas pedal! It requires for 1/16 inch starter holes for four self tapping screws. It is oem plastic, sort of like the oem dead foot plate. The problem I see is that the drill I have is meant for alot of room. The area where the gas pedal is does not allow such an operation. I am going to try to self tap the screws without the start holes using a small stubby Phillips. Ill follow up if I finish tonight or tomorrow. I have done other honey due tasks already today. Running out of steam and patience.

Pics...

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

brake3.jpg

brake4.jpg

There is a bevel on the dead foot near the bottom. I raised the new pedal a little bit so there was room to flush mount the two lower screws. I did not want to use the inner screw holes because it would make the outer top and bottom area flimsy.

Hope this helps the DIY guys still waiting to install.

BTW the ebrake looks out of place in the picture-only because I took the picture at an angle to get all the pedals in sight. At a distance it looks uniform.

Buzz

OK everyone, finally... here is the deal.

In my last email to Tony at Autovation, I basically kindly but sternly stated that I'd be taking the business elsewhere if this didn't get moving ASAP. This seems to have done the trick, and we'll be working out the final details over the phone this week. He stated the group buy will be started on June 25th, and "all orders will be shipped out within 2 weeks of being placed". In my prior research of Autovation, the only negative reviews were due to timing. Quality of workmanship was positive, and it seems people were overall very satisfied with the product *once they got it*.

If you are interested in getting in on this group buy, and have not previously responded, do so soon. The period to get in on a group buy typically lasts 2-4 weeks, but I do not know the exact details on this one. Again, expressing interest does not commit you to anything. If you have already expressed interest, no need to say whether or not you are still interested. Details to come on how orders will be placed. Thank you all for your patience. I wish there was something I could have done to make it go more smoothly.

~Brian

Day 2...lets see how it turns out.

Looks very nice !!

This is how I can tell that I have some level of OCD. Is that what it's called when you get really **** of some stuff.

My pedals are on, they are holding very well, but I like how and where you put your screws as I feel they look better on the overall design.

So I am going to re-do mine this weekend.

I guess copying like that is a sincere form of flattery.

On a side note, it is definitely all look, no function. Personally, I like them but certainly do not feel any different driving. No slipping or anything, just a different look.

Thanks guys!

I agree with Mike. Zero function but look mucho better than stock. I notice nothing different when using the new pedals. Although the screws and nuts cant be uniform on the main brake pedal, I am already over that fact. Best I could do working with Ford's brake plate. Thanks again Chip! Great product!

Those look very nice, great install!!!

Just to notify all you fellow Explorer owners.

I participated in the group buy from PerformancePedals.com over 1 month ago. I received my product within 7 days of placing my order. I believe there is some piece of mind dealing with a company that is able to make a promise and deliver on that promise.

I'm very happy with my purchase of the pedals, they look great and installed very quickly.

$.02

I guess it all depends on how much piece of mind is worth to you. For me and most people here, $120+ is simply too much for a set of pedals. But I'm glad you are enjoying your pedals.

I'll be talking with Autovation tomorrow, and [hopefully] getting this group buy started on Wednesday folks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess it all depends on how much piece of mind is worth to you. For me and most people here, $120+ is simply too much for a set of pedals. But I'm glad you are enjoying your pedals.

I'll be talking with Autovation tomorrow, and [hopefully] getting this group buy started on Wednesday folks!

<--grabbing some popcorn and kicking up his legs.

This should be a fun ride.

Back