BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool video. I was looking at the ARB awnings for overnighter type trips. That fits nicely.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Out of curiosity, why did you mount the awning on the driver's side?

Your tire carrier opens up toward the awning. But by having it on that side, you can potentially keep it out of trees better since it's closer to you while driving.

..Happy Birthday..:party:...:p:

I have been hearing a very faint squeak coming from somewhere in the front so in preparations for an upcoming trip I freshened up my front axle today which was long overdue. I installed new Spicer 5760x ujoints in the axles and new spindle bearings and seals. The u-joints I replaced were still the originals with 220k on them. Both sides needed it as each one had a single dried up cap with the passenger side being the worst which I am guessing is where the squeak was coming from. Wheel bearings were in good shape, all I did was add a little more grease.

Where are you off to?

Nice. I'm sure you will be one of very few Fords there...

Very nice Explorer I really like how you are trying to keep it clean yet functional for what you do. I also like the front and rear bumpers you have.

For the trails that you go through have you ever not needed a locker or felt you didn't need one in the axle?

Also with the exhaust and intake mods did you feel that much more of power upgrades?

Lastly why do I see so many 1st gens running the 2nd gen wheels? Is their a benefit to the 2nd gen wheels or is it just look preference?
Trav

Very nice Explorer I really like how you are trying to keep it clean yet functional for what you do. I also like the front and rear bumpers you have.

For the trails that you go through have you ever not needed a locker or felt you didn't need one in the axle?

Also with the exhaust and intake mods did you feel that much more of power upgrades?

Lastly why do I see so many 1st gens running the 2nd gen wheels? Is their a benefit to the 2nd gen wheels or is it just look preference?
Trav

Thanks!

For about 75% of the trails I run I really don't need a locker in either axle. The only times it really helps is in places like Moab and some of the Colorado trails and every once in a while in soft sand and mud encountered on the trails. I like having the lockers and I have never regretted putting the lunchbox style lockers in either axle. A lot of times I will just run trails in 2wd and with the Powertrax rear that is usually all I need.

I'm sure the exhaust and intake mods helped some with both power and MPG but I cant quantify the power gains since I made the mods slowly over time. The exhaust was a choice I made because my stock exhaust rusted out and the Dynomax kit was a good deal for what it was. The benefits of the intake mods was to raise up the intake location for water crossings and to eliminate the leak-prone stock rubber tube.

I haven't seen too many 1st gens with 2nd gen wheels. There is no benefit or reason to use them over the 1st gen wheels or aftermarket wheels if you are staying with a 15" rim. For me, I liked the looks of the teardrop 2nd gen wheels and my 1st gen sawblade wheels did not look too good anymore. The 2nd gen wheels were cheap and looked good so I went with them. It didn't hurt either that I maintained very close or the same stock rim width and backspacing. I considered aftermarket wheels but for the price of 1 or 2 I got a full set of 5 2nd gens that looked great.

thanks for that info I have been thinking about putting a locker, exhaust, and intake into our 96 ranger we are building.
Trav

I absolutely love this rig! Everything about it is so well done, and tastefully modded. This is pretty much the exact approach I want to take with my current explorer. I've already done the big lift/tires on my first one, but I don't really want to take this one to the tough trails and beat it up. It's too pretty for that. I think an overlanding type of rig is the way to go. I'll still be able to have a ton of fun with it without running the risk of too much Trail damage. Yours has given me so many ideas of things I'd like to do.... And it looks amazing! Keep up the great work on it.

Wow, thanks! Just got back yesterday from another overland adventure around Arizona. Explorer worked great and the ARB awning worked great as well. I left it up in 2 days of breezy conditions and not a single problem. I also haven't noticed a decrease in MPGs with it on my roof, I was getting about 19mpg on the highway this trip.

Picture from Tbars

DSC0326d.jpg

Made another appearance in the October 2014 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine!. Table of contents lower left and starting on page 54.

Everything is still working great, no changes. Recently got back from another 1000 mile round trip up to the Colorado San Juans and taking some back roads (mix highway and dirt) from Telluride, CO to Moab Utah.

m_DSC_3687.jpg

Still love my ARB awning!

m_DSC_3695.jpg

The Hanging Flume

m_DSC_3766.jpg

Made another appearance in the October 2014 issue of Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine!. Table of contents lower left and starting on page 54.

..Post a picture or it didn't happen..:p:

Was it a solo trip?
Did you actually camp where this picture is taken?
It looks like its photo shopped it's so beautiful. Just to be out there alone in the quiet with that view is why I started off-roading.

Brian, I spent the first and last day solo on the trails. The middle day was spent on the trail with 2 other EF members. Yes, that picture is where I camped the first night. It was a nice spot!

What a relaxing way to start out on a long trip. Nicely done.

Back