Fit 2 mufflers photos?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fit 2 mufflers photos??

The pics I posted the spare tire re-mounts and clears it looks like the mounty pic you posted gas the similar pipe route as mine, you can see the exhaust behind the rear-diff. The problem with that route is closer to your fuel lines.
Yes, I realize that about the fuel lines. I want to route the driver's pipe as high as possible and understand how others deal with the fuel lines and other stuff in that area. I really do not want to go low or in a route that will cause loss of the ability to carry the normal spare

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I realize that about the fuel lines. I want to route the driver's pipe as high as possible and understand how others deal with the fuel lines and other stuff in that area. I really do not want to go low or in a route that will cause loss of the ability to carry the normal spare
Yea understandable, the low route mine takes I worry of rust eventually. But technically it did not effect my clearance and the spare is still stock size and up there. I run bigger tires though so will look funny if I ever have to use it.

2nd Saleen XP8 Ford Explorer Exhaust installation - Dual Exhaust (True Duals) Test Fitting

As some of you know, I had the opportunity to purchase a “second” Saleen XP8 Stainless Borla Exhaust system. This was the system originally installed on Saleen XP8 Ford Explorer 98-0034. I already have the exhaust system from Saleen XP8 Explorer 00-0023 installed on Big White.

With this 2nd system we are doing something that I think has never been attempted - a V8 Ford Explorer with two Saleen XP8 Borla Exhaust Systems in a true dual configuration with Saleen machine gun Borla tips.

Here the team at @stage_fp is doing a test fitting of the two systems together in the true duals configuration.

One of the issues I had with the Saleen Borla exhaust system from XP8 98–0034 is the tip was severely damaged and the intercooler tip fins needed to be re-created and repositioned by the @stage_fp team. From these pictures it’s clear they’ve done a fantastic job.

More pictures soon to follow.

#saleenexplorer #xp8explorer #saleenxp8 #saleenexplorerxp8 #Saleen #saleenfordexplorerxp8 #xp8explorer #saleenxp #saleenfordexplorer #Ford #fordexplorer #saleenlife #saleens #saleenperformancevehicles #saleenperformance #suvsofinstagram #saleennation #saleenonly #saleenspeedlab #borla #borlaexhaust #saleenmustang #loweredexplorer #stagefabrication #fordexplorerfans #fordexplorers #xp8 #fordexplorerxlt #fordexplorereddiebauer #fordexplorerxp8 #fordexplorerlimited

86EA4492-982D-4B41-AF30-01C407F7E2BB.jpeg 4FA25D0E-0287-4E5E-9C10-8E7ACBBBE35E.jpeg 41C0E694-08B2-4306-A398-81EED90FDAE6.jpeg F6C30B27-F336-425E-975B-6AF0A482D744.jpeg BB92CC60-0C12-48EC-98E9-71A53C1BB830.jpeg 26A60CCE-1C8A-498D-93C8-966E477EDC2D.jpeg 529EF6E5-918B-4A7C-AADD-74E5F1408130.jpeg

Cool!

I’m building 07 ranger w 5.0 and true duals. I ordered two spintec mufflers I plan to cram them both in there…. All of the exhaust I have done so far is tucked up higher than the frame rails.
For this ranger power goals are mild n/a 302 so dual 2.25” is being run. I will run dual 2.5” out the back both on the pass side if all goes according to plan that is

Closer look how I fit the two stainless Saleen XP8 Borla Exhaust systems in a true dual configuration. The systems came from Saleen XP8 Ford Explorers 98–0034 and 00–0023

Still tweaking a couple things and going to add a few more heat shields but this should give an idea of how it was done

0E56AE88-AEE1-4AEA-B7C7-80DA510E331F.jpeg 462C34E0-11B9-4B30-90B7-28E0A06C6671.jpeg BEC5DAF6-9542-4077-ADFE-CDCBAA8DE9F7.jpeg

The driveshaft never hits the muffler? Man that is tight!!

The driveshaft never hits the muffler? Man that is tight!!
Personally I don’t know yet but I’m sure or at least I hope they have taken this into account. Everything is still in progress so once it’s out on the road and tested we’ll see what happens.

Well on the lift your rear axle should be at full droop so that may be as close as it ever gets
The exhaust hangers must be tight at all times!! Something to keep eye on. I am gettin ready to stuff two spintech mufflers under the v8 ranger they will be in a similar location but I hope To stagger them

That's a nice tight arrangement, it looks well done. That doubles the airflow of the back half of the exhaust, or halves the restriction.

DE32E17A-8334-4F9D-951F-82FDA14E5207.jpeg

Never imagined for the longest time I’d ever see it - 2nd Generation Ford Explorer with 2 matching Saleen XP8 Borla Stainless Exhaust Systems & Machine Gun Intercooled Tips in a true dual configuration. 👍👍

Systems came from Saleen XP8 Explorer 98-0034 and 00-0032

That looks great.

That view, perspective is odd though, is the rear bumper mounted a little low? The gap from the hatch to the bumper seems a bit wide, how does the bumper look from the side view?

That looks great.

That view, perspective is odd though, is the rear bumper mounted a little low? The gap from the hatch to the bumper seems a bit wide, how does the bumper look from the side view?

This was before the installation of the exhaust but the bumper hasn’t moved. It’s aligned perfectly and follows the line. It just might be the angle that I took the photograph

836A576B-12FA-490F-8CFE-40F677312024.jpeg

This was before the installation of the exhaust but the bumper hasn’t moved. It’s aligned perfectly and follows the line. It just might be the angle that I took the photograph

With only the first Saleen exhaust system installed here

146D785A-F12A-406A-9107-340A0D8184A5.jpeg

Yes it looks right in the side pictures. It's not a common angle to see the rear from so long to the ground.

I've wondered what mine might look like with the XP8 bumper and the Mountaineer side moldings. The side skirts couldn't work with my moldings, so I think that idea is out.

1652909277063.png

Here is an clip

Currently there is no h-pipe or x-pipe installed - this will be coming soon and should result in different and perhaps even more improved sound.

I like that, not too loud and it sounds better than stock, which isn't bad for an OEM muffler.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I’m going to have an X pipe put in. Where would be the best place to install it. I’ve read that where you position it can have a significant affect good or bad.

Back