Why no Explorer lifts, etc?

Isles4evr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL 2dr
I was looking around today at sites that carried lifts and accessories of that nature. Why is it that I never see anything for Explorers? Will Ranger lifts fit on Explorers? I finaly talked myself out of a body lift, and want a 4" suspension w/ 33's. Does anyone make a 3" lift? I don't want to go to extreem because i'm not gona be doing too much crazy wheelin' around here. Just trails with no boulders to climb, etc. I would appreciate and info.

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
'91 Explorer 2dr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They have 5.5" suspension lift by SUPERLIFT and 4" by Trailmaster for Explorers. What sites were you looking at?

------------------
'92 XLT 4x4
4.0L EFI V6
w/90K miles
Dead Link Removed
[NSFR671]

I went to a couple of the site in the explorer resources pare of this site. Do you think if I asked the companies they would have them, and I could get the info that way?

I saw a 92 w/ a 4" and 33's the other day. They guy said he had no trouble w/ clearence. He also might have been one of the lucky guys that can fit 31's w/out a lift. I think that I might be able to, the local tire shop said that we could probably get them on there, but would like to fit them on before he could confirm it.

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
'91 Explorer 2dr

Isles4evr- I posted in here before on what kinda lift I needed with 33's and I forgot who replied but they said 4" suspension and a 3" bodylift would work. Try checking out TRAILMASTERS site, I don't know the addy....ANYBODY???

------------------
'92 XLT 4x4
4.0L EFI V6
w/90K miles
Dead Link Removed
[NSFR671]

Chris,
Have you tried 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers? They have plenty of stuff for your pre95 model.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Try http://www.rockymountainsusp.com

They have Skyjacker, Trailmaster, and Superlift kits pricing online.

They are who I got my 5.5" superrunner kit w/superrunner steering.

------------------
Thomas Davis
93 Mazda Navajo/5.5" superlift, 33x12.5 BFG AT/KO
4.56 gears/lockright/auburn pro

Alright, thanks guys! I'll go there in just a bit. I see that most everyone has 5.5" lifts when running 33's. Is it possible to run 33's w/ only a 4" (not just a luckey chance or anything though)?

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
'91 Explorer 2dr

"I have a '92 xlt, and i have a 4" TrailMaster lift 33 BFG All-Terrains, with no rubbing." -this post was from fenderguy in one of the threads. Dead Link Removed

If it works on his explorer, it should work on yours.

------------------
'92 XLT 4x4
4.0L EFI V6
w/90K miles
Dead Link Removed
[NSFR671]

[This message has been edited by -=DaemoN=- (edited 05-25-2000).]

Well not really.
Have you ever wondered why Colin is called Fenderguy?

moab_collinwedgie.jpg

thaven_flare.jpg

Any questions?

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 05-25-2000).]

Alright, here I am. When I first lifted mine without the Front fenders I still didn't rub. The back is stock (not cut) just Bushwackers on top of the stock panels. The only rub i got was in the rear when both tires traveled up at the same time, which happened from going about 55 on a dirt trail, 'prerunning'. I also got my stuff from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesaler, decently priced too. Anyway, I think you'll be fine with a 4" TrailMaster with 33's especially if you're not going to do serious off road.

Chad, your tires must look tiny with all of that lift and 33's. I''m going to 35's as soon as these 33's wear out. Isles4evr for you 4" with 33's is perfect. Hope this helps, later

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

'92 xlt € 4" TrailMaster € 33 BFG All-Terrains € MagnaFlo cat back € 4.56 Strange gears € K&N cone filter

p.s. thinking of changing name to "didn't rub before fenders...guy"

Well, jeezzz...I didn't even notice that my last reply was deleted. Anyway, I have a couple of questions about springs a bushings too. My front coil springs popped half-way out one time, so I'm guessing that they are a little weak. My bushings are worn out as well (get new ones wiuth the lift). If I get a suspension, will I have to get new springs and shocks? I am thinking that it will stretch out my springs and make them weaker. If I got a body, would I have to do this too, or is there a difference?

Thanks,
Chris
Thinking of chaging my name to "Dumb a**, with one million questions about every little thing ... guy" I like it.

Very upset that my little explorer is gone :(

Hey Colin, actually, I have been talkin to chad for a little bit and he sent me some pics and his truck looks great I don't think the tires look too small on it. I decided to put these up for him, since I had some space on AOL and I don't have a web page yet, or an explorer worthy of its own page. Here they are:

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Hey Chris, with a suspension, they will include new coil springs and some include new shocks. With a body lift, you only lift up the body and no suspension pieces are attatched to the body that you would have to change, thats why a lot of people go with it over a suspension because its all you gotta do, except get bigger tires. I have also heard that the body lift will give you the most clearance, like say a 3" body lift would give you more clearance compared to a 3" suspension lift.

[This message has been edited by rock883 (edited 05-28-2000).]

Alright, thanks a lot rock! My dad is trying to talk me into geting a body now so that I can put big tires on it, and then save up for the suspension. If I do that, I'll be able to lift it by June 10th (the 8th is payday). I'm kinda leaning toward that now...I don't know. I'll look into it a little more. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
'91 Explorer 2dr

Back