How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
it looks like your amps are mounted on a piece of wood. how is the wood secured to the vehicle if you don't mind, i am trying to do something similar in my ex

nice truck, hope it all works out well

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stainless Steel bolts. This whole piece is secure to the vehicle. That's the only way the insurance company will insure it. And it must be insured before it hits the streets. All of the fiberglass is over wood. Wood is the baseline frame. It is bolted to the floorboard. So nothing moves around during an accident, heaven forbid.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
Stainless Steel bolts. This whole piece is secure to the vehicle. That's the only way the insurance company will insure it. And it must be insured before it hits the streets. All of the fiberglass is over wood. Wood is the baseline frame. It is bolted to the floorboard. So nothing moves around during an accident, heaven forbid.

I've never dealt w/ insurence companies before(i'm 19)... how do you go about asking 'will you insure this? because if it gets stolen I'm likely to kill someone' ?

Take your vehicle to your agent and show them your mods and tell them you want to cover it. They will take pictures and get serial numbers for identification issues. They must see if first to insure it. Too many people have pulled off bogus claims so everyone protects themselves now, including the agents. I have reciepts in hand, and of course pictures. They may add it to your current policy or get an additional coverage policy. I have a sperate policy just for my Calloways. 5K coverage in case of theft.

thanks for the info... I dont really have much to worry about people stealing my sound equip right now I dont think... god help 'em if they wanna get it outta there without being noticed. I'd wanna get my rims insured tho.

sooooo..... PICTURES!!!!! cmon pops grab the camera and snap some stuff... it'll be the last time to get construction pics.. get mmaaadddd pictures
can never have too many. I have like 400 or something on this site... Rick made us be able to have 200mb now... so that is like a million or two pictures? :D :D :D

Disk space allowed on your account: 200,000kb (204,800,000 bytes)
Disk space used on your account: 19,602kb (20,072,680 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: 180397.8kb (184,727,320 bytes)

I aint a CS major for nuf'n.

It says 200mb allowed and then 180mb remaining for my account...... on the website it says 10mb....

*rubs the Magic Rick Genie*
"What is your wish my Master?"
-Ok, get me a bottle of Bicardi 151
-V8 engine swap
-and oh yea, your site is broken :D :D :D :D :D :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Easy, if you rub Rick enough he'll spit at ya. :p :smoke:

Hartman said:
Easy, if you rub Rick enough he'll spit at ya. :p :smoke:

awwww...ya had to make that comment didn't ya? :nono: :p

Oh and the truck is looking amazing. I cant wait to see the finished product. Those wood pieces are gonna look awesome once they are painted to match your truck. :chug:

Here is a pic of the electronics behind the rear quarter panel I asked you about.... Come to think of it though, it could be the electronics for the alarm, so they might have just not needed them anymore....

Attachments

• Car 010.jpg
    Car 010.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 399

hydrox if you look in this picture right under the XM module, you will see a bundle wrapped in dynomat. Those are the computer things you are asking about. They are definately needed and have not been removed. Thanks for the headsup though. I need a 13 din cable for an EQ. Can someone get me one quickly? I need it overnighted if someone has one. The EQ is ERA-G320 model. I need the extended version or the X will sit for 2 more weeks.

215124-18DriverSideRear-med.jpg

Hmm, starting thinking about mods when it comes out of the stereo shop. Should I send my mirrors in and get them carbon fiber covered or paint them to match the body? or I guess I could leave them alone and look at flat black. What would you do? Anyone, suggestions welcome and appreciated. But I wont remove any pinstripes, LOL.

i like my m3 mirrors a lot...

i'd either leave them stock or do real custom mirrors. i dont' think it looks right from the side with the mirrors painted anythign but black, and the stock mirrors are too fugly to waste time repainting a nicer black or carbon fibering

I'm not exactly fond of the side view mirrors, but so far I havn't seen anything that i'm like "holy sh*t I gotta have that". I dunno how possible this is... but sometime over the summer I'm going to take apart my old broken mirror and see if it is possible to make it a tucking mirror. And by tucking I mean escalade type tucking. I seriously dont know if it is possible or not, but I'm going to try my hardest to fab something up.

Depending how much modification is required, I might paint them.

I called them today to check and see how things were going. The rack is still at the paint shop. It is due back on Friday.So right now, my intentions are to go to the ballgame Friday night and watch Roger Clemens pitch, then Saturday I will go by and take a bunch of pictures for you. They did tell me that most of the interior is back in now. It should look nice with new carpet and those leather seats cleaned Like I did. So stay tuned, Saturday night should have new pics posted for sure. Will borrow the wife's car and go over there. I just can't see renting a car yet just for pics. I didn't have anything that I really needed to get done this week so I have mostly just posted stuff on E-Bay. Getting really bored though, that's for sure. It's 3am here, my back is killing me. Can't sleep. Would be a good time to take the X out and drive around the loop and jam awhile, oh wait, it's in the shop. ROFL. Some day.

BBQ_HotDogs said:
I need a 13 din cable for an EQ. Can someone get me one quickly? I need it overnighted if someone has one. The EQ is ERA-G320 model. I need the extended version or the X will sit for 2 more weeks.

I will look and see what I have. I have 2 AiNet cables, one short, one long. I think I am using the long one though. You can have the short one if you can't find any other. Have you tried this ?

BTW, the ERA-G320 rocks. I does everything you will ever need and more. I have had mine since 1996-97ish.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, terdrocket, that is who I ordered it from, Pacific Coast Parts. Will take 2 weeks to get the cable. My original one is missing now. I need the 15' 13din cable for that EQ, not the short one. It has to run from 1 end of the truck to the other. They can't finish the X without it. I wont pick it up till "everything" is in and working. I just hate to think it will sit that long just waiting on 1 stinking cable.

Back