Billet Grilles & Foglights

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
Hello Everyone, I guess we all have to make that first post sometime.

I am looking hard for the right Billet Grille. The type I know that I want is a Stainless Steel one. But I can't seem to find it. Everytime I think I am close, it is not available for my 98 or looks cheap. Any help will be appreciated. Maybe I should leave it alone? Ladies?

I am looking for clear corners also. Seen them on various Explorers, and love them. This 48 year old dude is still cool. LOL.

Also about the factory foglights, I want to replace the bulbs with some nice white ones or even blue. I hate that dull yellow factory look. Problem is, they were replaced before and I cannot for the life of me find what the number of the bulbs are suppose to be. I like those Piaa bulbs, but cannot find the correct bulb#. Anyone changed those yet? Any problems with heat?

How about new Shocks? I was considering the Edelbrock line. Anyone tried these? My Explorer is stock at height and will remain that way!! LOL.

Will take pictures of mine soon, before and after, but it is the same as Crazy_Al 's 98 Explorer EB edition. Loved his rims by the way. Already have purchased Alpine CDA-7998 Head, Alpine EQ, Alpine 6 disk changer, XM, (2) MRV-540 Amps, (2) MRD-500 Amps for Subs, and for the speakers, I hope that I made the right choice here, I got 2 sets of the new Boston Z6's for the doors and (2) 12" Boston Pro Subs for some bump. Will have this all custom installed after Christmas is over. I do want to get something to do the DVD gig with, though I am against it being where the driver can see, but the 9 year old would love it on those long drives to the country.
Thanks in advance for your assistance in Mods.
The HotDog

I have Edelbroc IAC and I like them.
Very positive road feel.
EE has all four of them with a sway bar kit for a great price.

Clear corners are all over E-bay, or you can modify yours to be clear. Do a search.

Welcome and feel free to post more often

Back