sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I lean 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back toward the driver's side. I wrote it off as crappy JCW springs (eventhough they're brand new). But today I swapped the two fronts and it's still leaning to the same side. :mad:

While I had the axle out, I measure the height of the front hangers to the ground. The same. I measure the height of the rear springs hangers. The same. :mad: :mad:

What the fudge is going on? The only thing I can come up with it perhaps the spring perches are not quite level and are throwing off the whole leaf compression? :confused: Is that possible?

What else? This is bugging me. I was just going to throw in some Rancho 44044s, but now I know they'll just do the same thing.

Attachments

• lean.jpg
    lean.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 346

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm curious too...i have a little lean problem and i read someone else's post the other day with an x with similar lean to yours...one note is, that is the side your gas tank is on...now that mine is about empty, same thing...i was going to check the body bushings next...if it's not them, i'm stumped...

I don't know much in this area--but let me ask this.
What is the distance between the shackles--on the bottom end.

Is there any difference left to right? I am guessing, the driver side shackles are slighty farther apart (front to rear) is where I am coming from.

ooops, are those leaf springs in front?

Lard butt in the drivers seat? :p:

Have you tried swapping the rear springs?

Okay, from front hanger to front hanger is 31.75" on center.

Now from perch to perch is 32" on center. I guess I should try to get them in closer together if the center pins will allow.

Since the rear shackles are on bushing, they're sorta where ever they want to be. 32.25" on center. But the shackle hangers are 31.75" right where they should be.

The front mount to rear mount (frame mounted) are 43.5" on both sides. So no problems there.

So will those numbers being that far off cause a 1.5" difference in ride height??

i tried that during my aal install and no difference...what i was concerned with next was maybe the front coils ,one was more compressed than the other over time, but if section525 and others are having the same problem...thats when i came up with the body bushings...thinking that the gas tank and only one person in the vehicle at all times would do a bit of compressing on them over time...is this like a way out of line thought? i know it's bugging me..

try your torsion bar, check your height from top of tire to middle of fender inside, compare both sides then adjust the lower side to match. i noticed you have a 96 ex, so do i and after i had my tranny rebuilt it leaned, come to find out that they cranked on my torsion bar thinkin it was a cross member bolt therefore misaligning my ride height on my left side.

try your torsion bar, check your height from top of tire to middle of fender inside, compare both sides then adjust the lower side to match. i noticed you have a 96 ex, so do i and after i had my tranny rebuilt it leaned, come to find out that they cranked on my torsion bar thinkin it was a cross member bolt therefore misaligning my ride height on my left side.
Section525's vehicle doesn't have torsion bars :D.

I'm on it! :p:

sorry didnt look at the pic, my bad.

nevermind what i said :D

I'm on it! :p:

ROFL...ya might wanna check the rear torsion bars while you're at it. They have a tendency to bend after a while....:p:

Mine truck leans sometimes to the driverside and sometimes to the passanger side. I write it off to the supersoft springs that I am running. Try getting a few people in the passanger side of the truck. Then drive around the block when you get back you get out first then have them get out after you do. If the lean goes away you have soft springs and you have to eather get stiffer springs or just deal with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the rear was coils?

mine? they are coil over, stock shocks by gabriel, before the aal's last week...i have the bushings coming in for the front, but before i install them i would like to level up too...if not, i was going to just put new coils in but wanted to keep the originals in if i could for now...

Back