Reason to Buy a Truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reason to Buy a Truck

I just though I would show what possessed me to go back to an Explorer even with rising gas prices.

I was driving 80 mph on Interstate right after sunset when a deer ran right into the side of the vehicle. I guess there wasn't much left of the deer. I wouldn't know because i was to busy having glass picked out of my face. I came out of it pretty good. No scars. Can't say the same for the deer.
Library - 0083.jpg

Library - 0084.jpg

Library - 0085.jpg

Library - 0087.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMFG that looks like it came from a horror movie. Glad you're okay tho!

ezeedee, we have all kinds of deer local...lol...

sdvike, i have seen a lot of deer and cattle carnage on a truck but i must say your pics show ground round..i am glad you are ok and survived...:D

not down here. i dont think ive ever seen one.

What you have never seen the Marines chasing them around Camp Pendelton?:p:

SDVike glad to hear you're ok that is one of the nastier deer strikes i have seen yet.

you know we have cougars right???? what do you think they feed on, lol...all the roads you took to meet me have deer...and like mentioned before, camp pendleton has them all over, except of course, when they are having war games...:D

lol, ^^^^^^^^^, clean underwear check...:D

Reminds me of when I ran over a deer in my 89 trans am. Luckily it was already dead in the road. it was 11pm, DARK road, didn't see it until last minute. I either could straddle it, or try to go around it. I decided to straddle it. Needless to say i needed a new exhaust system afterwards, and had deer fur stuck everywhere in my frame. If i tried to go around, I would have hopped up on 2 tires. and who knows what would have happened.

I've hunted and shot deer, but have never ever seen anything like that before, except for the splatter on the road afterwards. Its hard to believe you walked away from that. Glad your ok though. My scariest was when a turkey bounced off my windshield. He bounced off and kept flying though. Although if he would have kept running he would have been fine, but decided to take off at the last minuted. Think the insurance company will believe you hit a deer?

Dan

now i dont feel so bad about my back window getting broken and my sub stolen

Grab a handful and make crabby patty's

Dang, that is a mess!. I'm glad you are ok, but the thought of that stuff all over you---eeyyyuck.

That is ridiculous!! you must have been completely painted with blood. I cannot imagine people coming on the scene after this. They probably thought you were all torn up!

Man, glad your OK this could have been really bad. SD deer tend to be a little larger than the 120lb(avg) here in MD. Judging the damage I would say you bagged a big one, you sure it wasn't a small pony?

That is ridiculous!! you must have been completely painted with blood. I cannot imagine people coming on the scene after this. They probably thought you were all torn up!

Yeah, if I had responded to that, my initial thought would be this guy is getting a helicopter ride for sure.

brings a visual to the expression "fine pink mist"

Glad to hear you came out alright, that's the only thing that matters.

I saw a thread on some forum years ago of some SUV (I want to say a Yota) that had hit a deer like that. There were organs and crap strewn all over the truck, even in the cargo area. Pretty nasty stuff, I'm just thankful that I haven't hit a deer hard yet up where I live. I've tapped two going like 35ish in their rear, but nothing happened either time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My upper body looked like the the windshield. I heard both the Cop and a Nurse at the hospital say "OMG" before they realized that isn't the best way to calm someone that is on the edge of shock.

Man, glad your OK this could have been really bad. SD deer tend to be a little larger than the 120lb(avg) here in MD. Judging the damage I would say you bagged a big one, you sure it wasn't a small pony?

A full size buck can weigh between 180-200 pounds. The half a second I saw of it it looked like a doe (only 120ish pounds). I think the impact at 80mph is what caused the carnage. Kind of makes you think twice about crossing an interstate on foot.

Back