Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run!

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
All I can say is wow...:eek:

Actually it wasn't as bad as expected, but just messy enough that you didn't want to get out of the truck.:confused: Have to say that I had a total blast, really appreciate the patience of those that were able to make it up. Despite all the doom and gloom of the forecast we managed to wheel just about every type of terrain that one could find...

I wasn't able to take as many pictures as I would of liked half because I was up front, and half because I was just to dang mad at my truck. Anyways I'll leave the stories to those that tell them best...:D
BB1.jpg
BB2.jpg
BB3.jpg
BB4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i just got back in...i'll go thru pics in a bit...this was a blast and all that didn't come missed out...:p:

...again, thanks go out to boomer, his dad and brother for which without them, this run could not have been as pleasurable...:thumbsup:

...trip report:

...flash flood warnings...high wind warnings...landslide warnings...8-10" rain predicted with blowing snow to follow....and not to be taken lightly...but sometimes, you just gotta wheel...;)

.... it turned out great and wasn't near as bad as it could have been...compared to the run we did a couple weeks ago, about the same except there was more snow in new area's and a couple places the winds were definately over 70 mph...in these areas the foilage was covered with ice..it was a great run with snow and ice, deep snotty mud areas, hard pack areas, and plenty of rocks to play on...and yes, there was some big water holes but we missed going thru the ponds this run..
...other than a couple normal rocks that fell, no lanslides yet, and we only came across a couple trees that fell over...
...gas at home was 3.11 and up in apple valley/lucerne valley it was 3.29...last trip, gas was the same price at home and in apple valley...big bear was definately higher...available rooms for this weekends storm were running about 300 bucks...we all headed off the mountain early enough to catch a bite at a cantina boomer knew of in the lucerne valley and got done eating just about dark...
...carnage was minimal to say the least a light rack, a tow strap, and...:scratch:...and no one really got stuck...not saying that most everyone didn't have a spot or two that they had to re-think there line...:D
...the whole day we passed a 3 jeep crew, 1 b2 with a sammy, and 1 bronco...the trails were all ours...the price of admission to these trails, zip, zero, nada...the amount of fun that was had...priceless...

...pics were kind of at a minimum due to the conditions... but someone always gets the pic that you really didn't want taken...;)

Trails run:
3N14 -> 3N12 -> 3N16 -> 3N17 (White Mtn) -> 3N11 -> 3N10 (play area) -> 3N05 -> 3N61 (Jacolby cyn)...

Attendees:
Boomer
Kage,his dad and brother
Cybergasm
Ritsui
R.J. and buddy Justin w/o bronco
Tbars, and harley of course

...ritsui, those look like the ones i took...the only difference is, i think you have one of the triple strap ....:scratch:

...ritsui, those look like the ones i took...the only difference is, i think you have one of the triple strap ....:scratch:

And it begins...:p:

Seriously though, thank you to all that made it.:thumbsup: If it wasn't for you guys then I probably would of just pushed my truck off a cliff.:rolleyes:

Big thanks to my pop Kage for dragging me the rest of the way up that stupid corner...:)

And my vote for most proficient driver of the day goes to Cyber...;)

Ammazing scenery!!!

...i am waiting to see if anyone notices anythting different about cybers truck in these pics...:D

...i am waiting to see if anyone notices anythting different about cybers truck in these pics...
The yellow-covered Daylighters, they disappeared!!

...yea, they kind of came off on the trail...:D

mudrocksnow019pr7.jpg

...i am waiting to see if anyone notices anythting different about cybers truck in these pics...:D

Somewhere on the run, he lost the lights on the roof rack?

Did a tree do that?

...i'll let him tell the story...i just post the pics....speaking of which, someones got to have that pic i'm looking for...:D

...and R.J. showing us that there's nothing better after wheeling all day than to break out the tools so you can get home...;)
mudrocksnow005mc4.jpg

Somewhere on the run, he lost the lights on the roof rack?

Yup lost at almost the beginning of the run too.
back at the Truckhaven Newbie Run i tried to "adjust" the lights for better aim well all I manage to do was further damage the already rusting mounts and this run finally finished them off.

No biggie i was planning on taking them off and the roof rack too this just sped up the plan alittle:D

Attachments

• 942988-R1-22-21A_023.jpg
    942988-R1-22-21A_023.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 338

...i was thinking Kage or Ritsui would share with us...:D

...and i too had my own little problem...it seems i over flexed my truck on this run as the bed started seperating behind the drivers seat on the bulkhead...it now has my shell sitting an inch or so higher than it should and i don't think it will buff out, lol...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back