• Register Today It's free!

Moisture in mirror marker lamp

GTMD

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LIMITED
I have had the X for three weeks Thursday,this is the only problem I have come across. I noticed moisture inside the right mirror marker lamp.I dropped by the dealer and they took pictures and have ordered a replacement.It is of no cost to me,but that small part has a cost of $78.00. It appears to be a failed gasket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same thing, but I'm not sure that a new gasket will do anything. It looks like there is a drain hole in the corner of the marker lamp. If that's true, then moisture will come and go in there.

We looked it over at the dealers body shop and could not see any remedy but to replace the lamp.Still not sure how it comes out of the mirror.I don't look to see a quick fix with as many orders Ford has.Not to big of a deal,but at the price we pay!!!

The marker lamp is on the lower front of your side mirrors.Mine is a limited model,I don't know if it is available on the xlt.

Hey guys any update on the dealership covering this under warranty?

Both mine have moisture in them now.

my passenger side had this issue and the dealer ordered a replacement signal and fixed it under warranty

The curse continues, just checked mine and moisture in the driver side mirror. Chimmy did they just switch the signal lense or the whole mirror assembly?

just the signal

Body shop ordered and will be replacing the driver side on mine. Also noticed some debris (2 spots) in the paint while waxing this weekend on the hood and also some spotting on the hood, made me have a heart attack thinking about having to get the hood repainted. Body shop will try and wet sand first when the signal comes in, fingers crossed praying that we're not looking at a repaint. She'll never be the same.

I've got the moisture problem too.....just another thing to add to the list. I'll just have them fix everything at once......I hope.....

Hi guys,

I can see why you would want this issue resolved, and I would like to offer my assistance. If you haven’t done so already, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

Same problem here! Passenger side has moisture

Mine will be headed in to the dealer to have this fixed when they get Sync 2.8 in. I also have one row of the rear window defroster that doesn't work, so that will be fixed as well.

Hey can one the guys who have had the moisture issue fixed please confirm the lens is being ordered and replaced not the entire side mirror?

I ask because my dealer says they cant order the lens, it comes integral to the entire mirror so it's a complete mirror swap.

If someone had just the lens changed could you please advise the lens only part number off the work order?

I just want to have my facts straight before going back to the dealer.

Sgt411,the lamp assembly can be ordered as a separate part from the mirror.I am sorry I don't have the part number,I did not get an invoice ,since this was a warranty repair.
When the part came in I took the X to the body shop and watched the boys put it in.They had not replaced one before,I told them mine could be their beta vehicle.The mirror has to be disassemled .The mirror,not the housing,is secured by three small clips that slide back.The mirror is tilted from one side to the other to slide the clips back. Once they are slid back.one on each side and one on top,the mirror comes out of the housing.Any wires on the mirror can be pulled off at this time.There is one screw holding the lamp assembly in place,remove it and disconnect the two wires and the assembly snaps out of the mirror.It took about 45 min.I am sure the next ones will be faster.
YOur dealer needs to look in parts manual again.I don,t think Ford would approve of replacing ahigh dollar mirror over a $78.00 lamp.

Sgt411,the lamp assembly can be ordered as a separate part from the mirror.I am sorry I don't have the part number,I did not get an invoice ,since this was a warranty repair.
When the part came in I took the X to the body shop and watched the boys put it in.They had not replaced one before,I told them mine could be their beta vehicle.The mirror has to be disassemled .The mirror,not the housing,is secured by three small clips that slide back.The mirror is tilted from one side to the other to slide the clips back. Once they are slid back.one on each side and one on top,the mirror comes out of the housing.Any wires on the mirror can be pulled off at this time.There is one screw holding the lamp assembly in place,remove it and disconnect the two wires and the assembly snaps out of the mirror.It took about 45 min.I am sure the next ones will be faster.
YOur dealer needs to look in parts manual again.I don,t think Ford would approve of replacing ahigh dollar mirror over a $78.00 lamp.

Thank you

They (Dealer) don't inspire confidence especially with a new model that no one in the shop knows anything about.......Im afraid to find out the entire door was taken apart to replace the mirror as it never goes back the same and theres always a squeak or rattle after everything is disassembled.

Sgt

Driver side lamp pn# is:
1 BB5Z*13B375*A Lamp Asy

Info from my invoice when they did it this week.

Sgt

Driver side lamp pn# is:
1 BB5Z*13B375*A Lamp Asy

Info from my invoice when they did it this week.

Greatly appreciated Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So today I got my Ex back from the dealer WITHOUT the mirror lenses being changed.

They provided a Ford Engineering document that says this IS A NORMAL CONDITION!

So moisture in a light lens is normal apparently, funny because I thought moisture and electrical parts were actually not compatible.

So before I start this fight can anyone provide their Service invoice description from having their's replaced?

The Service Advisor said "Just because a few guys on some forum got theirs replaced doesnt mean its a legit issue"

Back