0-60 in under 6.5??? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

0-60 in under 6.5???

I would love to increase the acceleration of my ex... What mods can I do that will get my 0-60 times in under 6.5sec? This of course with nitrous. I was thinking:
Nitrous
Intake
Exhaust
?????
Please list some other mods that will get my 0-60 down!
Thanks,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

darkfox man, you gotta get that engine of yours checked out man, it has some serious probs :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
So where does it say the actual weight of the truck?

No where on the vehicle does it say the acuatl weight of the truck. The curb-weight (which is what you are looking for) varies by model, equipment, tire size, etc. Ford lists the Gross Vehcile Weight Reading (GVWR) which is the maximum amount your vehicle can carry (including itself). Some automobile reviews publish curb weight but the only way to know what yours weighs is to have it weighed. It can be weighed at a landfill or at a weigh station. The curb weights that I have seen published put the AWD V8 4-doors around 4300 lbs. and the 2 door 4x4 at about 4000 lbs. These numbers can vary by a couple hundred pounds either way depending on the exact configuration. A 2WD would be about 200-300 less pounds.

Nitrous50, you the same guy that got the MAC air intake at the 5.0 Pro Shop in Nashua NH???? If so....I may be able to slice you some deals over there. The same goes for any local New Hampshire or Mass. X guys out there, drop me a line and I will see what I can do for ya!
AIM: emokid03049
kevhaley311@hotmail.com

for the '96 4 doors OHV i have a time of around 10.5 for 0-60 (can't remeber where i read it) but to be honest, it feels a bit quicker than that- my buddys got a 96 integra with intake and i take him easily up until around 60 or 70...

STANN i have the 96 4door ohv xlt... and i can take most ricers off the start up to about 50. How is this though, when i don't even have enough power off the line to peel out? :confused:

because you have ~4000 pounds of weight on your wheels.. you have so much traction you would need probablly a good 400hp to really do a good long peel.

Yall are amazing, I must be a terrible driver or something.. I can't even keep up with a buick lesabre or a Uhaul van..

forget about stock tires, I could roast those all day long. With my 31 BFGs and a sticky surface, I could leave 10 feet easily :D

I've yet to leave more than 2 feet though with my 33's :(

Originally posted by Alec
forget about stock tires, I could roast those all day long. With my 31 BFGs and a sticky surface, I could leave 10 feet easily :D

I've yet to leave more than 2 feet though with my 33's :(

Ok Mr. Supercharger :p

If there was one available for the SOHC I would probably seriously consider it.

or if anyone could afford them w/o being a lotto winner or bill gates. god what are chargers these days $4000? not to mention installation, fuel system upgrades and the risk that you could blow gaskets, I'd love to have one, but even if I could afford to buy one, I couldn't afford to install it or run it.

wiht my ride.. it probablly would't even make a difference.. lol, I'm cursed

why dont you take your good stuff off it and sell it before its top speed is 20 MPH. :D

STANN, i just timed myself... i do have a 0-60 time of 10.5 :) exactly as you said. only... thats with my mods :(

The stats may have been a bit optimistic (I hope so for your sake... :) :) - once I get my KKM intake I'll have to check my personal times...

last time i was plating around I ran a ----6.01---- 0-60 time and that was on a wet road- lol.... got to love AWD

Ill have a 1/4 mile time one of these days- I tried last week and my ign box failed on the staging lane so I sent to POS box bock to MSD

I'm thinking about taking mine to the track this wednesday... just for fun.

I don't know how some of your guys are running slow (especially Darkfox) even if you had a lift like RedCamaro you should still at least run in the 12's with a sohc. This is my truck and my moms truck on stopwatch with full tanks and my stereo:

2000 Mounty V8 2WD = 0-60 in 8.2 seconds.
1994 Ex 2wd = 10.5 stock, 9.9 after catback and intake and full stereo. I did this awhile ago.

I borrowed my neighbors G-TEC yesterday he has for his 2002 Ex and 2002 Audi S4.

2000 Mounty V8 2wd - 1st run: 0-60 in 8.32
2nd run: 0-60 in 8.00
3rd run: 0-60 in 8.11
1994 Ex 2wd = 1st run: 0-60 in 10.24
2nd run: 0-60 in 9.98
didn't run a 3rd time cause it was time to try his S4:eek: AND eX.

2002 S4 with APR chip, intake and exhaust: 0-60 in 4.87
2002 Ex. 4.6 V8 and 2wd: 0-60 7.76
only ran them once but the G-TEC is pretty accurate because he's taken both of them to Morrosso and ran basically the same times. His Ex stock ran a 15.84 stock at ??? can't remember the number and he's had his S4 there stock and modded, stock - 14.4 exactly what he got on G-TEC and is rated from Audi and now averages around mid 13's at the track and on G-TEC with his mods. You'd be suprised at how hard the new 4.6 Ex's pull compared to the 5.0, I can't wait till I get my 2002 Mounty.

have you guys seen the new issue of SUV magazine? there's 3 tricked out (2 supercharged) new (2002) explorers and one supercharged 2002 mounty- all sharp looking trucks.....and the author has some pretty kind and encouraging words about modifyed explorers :)..........
good stuff

well, I now know mine runs so slow because it's misfiring but that still sucks :D

how can so many people afford superchargers? thats like 2 years worth of money for me, w/o the nessecary fuel upgrades or installation. I must be poor or something lol

god knows I could use a supercharger.. I need one just to drive around town comfortablly.

Dark - I know the feeling. If you get anywhere within a 25 mile radius of 285 around Atlanta - there are only two speeds - NASCAR and stopped traffic. Most everyone around here runs 80-90, even from light to light...

eaton makes a charger that fits our trucks? How much are they? i've only seen powerdyne 6 psis.. I want a 9 psi :p

btw, I didn't mean to keep up with traffic that fast.. I have enough of a time keeping upw ith 55mph traffic :p

Back