01 TRAC dash harness swap, EAVC, info center, RKE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 TRAC dash harness swap, EAVC, info center, RKE

njbronco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1974 Ford Bronco Sport
Will I'm doing my 5.0 swap in another thread, I want to also add the info center, auto climate control, and RKE.

The donor is a 99 explorer 4 door limited that has all of the mods and they are all working.

My 01 sport trac has nothing. I already added the overhead console and wired it but I'm not opposed to redoing it. when doing that I noticed that the plug was up front for the temp sensor but I didn't use it.

I ordered a new blend door for the auto climate control as well as a new heater core since I will have the heater box off for the engine swap.

My question is how many harness's are there in the dash? I plan on removing the dash complete from the donor. Once off, is there a seperate harness that does RKE, seperate harness for the radio. or is it all one big harness.

and am I in for any surprises? I saw something about the BCM being in the back of the explorer by the jack. Probably not where it would be in the TRAC

so far in my swap, the engine bay harness only has two of the three connectors the top one is a blank. I have the complete explorer harness to put in which uses all three. The Dash harness has the air bag in the center floor of the trac, but over in the pass kickpanel of the explorer. i may just rewire the whole sport trac to be an explorer at this point.

No goodnon swapping just the dash harness I actually through the whole dash from the 99 in my Trac. Who’ll everything plugged in, it didn’t all work. The ignition was stuck on regardless of key position and the truck wouldn’t start. I did swap my pats and key cylinder over. So back it all goes with a new heater core and blend door. I’m just going to hardware the digital temp controls. And ditch the message center idea. I won’t to get the 5.0 in more than I want to know how bad my mpg is

Back