• Register Today It's free!

02 xlt door ajar goes on and off

red02

Reaction score
City, State
Humble, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I'm trying to find out why my door ajar light comes on and beeps whenever it wants to. All doors are completely shut, yet when im drivin the doors never lock and that beeping comes and goes. My factory alarm also goes off whenever it wants to after i lock the doors. Anybody have any good solutions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI , having suffered the same problem, the solution that worked for me ( suggested here btw) was to spray either WD40 or the like into the door locks.. spray downwards. The door switch is located in the lock mech. I am sure if you search a bit you will find the thread.

Yes i have searched coming up with three different opinions. One is the wd40, the second being cut a wire in the door bundle, and three some ground on the hatch door. Im just wondering which one seems to work the best.

Ok I tried the wd40 and other lubricants. Sprayed the hell out of all latches. The door ajar is still goin crazy. Does anyone have a better solution, PLEASE!!!!!!!

The switch in the door latch mechanism may be no good.

Back