• Register Today It's free!

03 cruise control.

jmus

Reaction score
City, State
louisville,kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 eddie bauer
hi im new to this forum, but im having aproblem with my cruise control. it won`t engage and the abs light comes sometimes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2003 is in the shop right now for the same problem. They told me it was going to be $300 to fix. Something about the box that runs the cruise control is shot. Evertime your ABS turns on your brakes are not working properly. During hard acceleration do you feel a studder? I think there is a bigger problem the dealer isn't letting go.

I just joined this forum after checking it out a few days ago.

I am excited to be part of this community as I decided to keep and maintain my 1998 Ford Explorer XLT following unsuccessful attempts to sell it. This was back when gas prices were over $1.30 a litre a few months back.

I will keep the Explorer because it is an excellent utility vehicle for towing and moving larger loads. It runs great and I will won't get much for it if I sell it. I bought the Explored used from a dealer when it had only 44,000 Km in 2000 and now it has less than 140,000 Km.

I have always enjoyed fixing things on my own, but I have never attempted fixing my own vehicles. Why? Maybe because I have many other interests. But now, I am excited about learning and doing my own general maintenance on my vehicles. I will start with my Explorer first as this is the optional and third vehicle in the family.

This forum is an excellent resource!

welcome to the forum

hi im new to this forum, but im having aproblem with my cruise control. it won`t engage and the abs light comes sometimes.

My 04 had these exact symptoms.

Sometimes cruse would work, other times not... even with the ABS light on or off.
The ABS light didn't come on all the time, but when it did, it stayed on until a restart.

I replaced the sensor on the master cylinder.
$20 part from ford
It did the trick

Ford wanted $70 for labor... I had it done in less than 5 mins. I try to imagine what the mechanic at the dealer would have done for the other 55 minutes I would have been charged for.

Be careful though, cause when you remove the old sensor, the brake fluid starts to come up through the hole, so have a rag close cause it will eat paint if it drips.

Id put money on this being your problem. And besides, its the cheapest and quickest to try yourself before you start replacing wheel speed sensors.

Part number is 3L3Z9F924AB
description - switch asy
retail - $22.99

Back