1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Great vid...only a matter of time before we see one lined up with an SRT8...should be fun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Didn't look like a closed course to me since it was a normal road with oncoming traffic. Looked like a regular street race. That would get your vehicle impounded here plus a hefty fine ($2000 - $10,000) and license suspension.

Peter

:salute:

no comments unless you have never raced anyone, ever, at any point in your life. Which we all know is a lie.

back OT though, awesome vid and I can't wait to get my tune! Still deciding on which company to go with but should be soon.

Same tune, the plugs should make a pretty big difference if you haven't gapped them down. I'm also going to delete the 3rd cat today or tomorrow on mine.

What do you mean about the plugs? Is the spark blowing out with the stock gap?

Would you also recommend running a cooler plug? Say copper?

Would you also recommend running a cooler plug? Say copper?

I have a set of copper plugs in mine right now, but I'll probably go back to stock. It has some idle quality issues. I think gapping down the stock plug is fine.

I have a set of copper plugs in mine right now, but I'll probably go back to stock. It has some idle quality issues. I think gapping down the stock plug is fine.

Good deal. I was just curious. I generally go to copper running more boost. Good to know.

Good deal. I was just curious. I generally go to copper running more boost. Good to know.

So do I but in this case, I'd say the stock plugs are a better choice. They are the same heat range as a TR6, which is what I have in there now.

SS mods

I'll be running the SS tune when I'm driving and set it back to DD for the wife. I've ordered the thermostat and will gap the plugs. My question is the 3rd cat delete.
What's the process? What are the gains over stock? Trying to decide if this step is worth it. Hopefully someone can post dyno charts for each common upgrade. Looks like Ken will eventually do every upgrade under the sun, I see upgraded turbos in his future:).
I like the 4.6 0-60 posted with Kens tune and the basic upgrades done, so much potential!

Just wanted to give everyone an update, I'll be releasing the SS tune and a new 91 and 93 tune by Friday.

I'm sure it's in one of these threads somewhere, but I know this will void the factory warranty correct? Is there a way to put the factory tune back? Or is there no going back once it's done? Can they tell?

I'm sure it's in one of these threads somewhere, but I know this will void the factory warranty correct? Is there a way to put the factory tune back? Or is there no going back once it's done? Can they tell?

you can put back to stock anytime you want; its just plug and play. And should not void any warranty as you are not changing actuall engine components. Before going to dealer for any service, just put back to stock, when done, put back the tune.

Your warranty guide will explain what is and is not covered.
Here is an excerpt from what is listed under things that will not be covered;

Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification

• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than
a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed
for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of
Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part
to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized
tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting
systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or
software and performance ‘‘chips’’

Not sure if this addresses your concern or is relevant with what this thread is about.

Peter

It only voids the warranty on components that fail as a direct cause of having the tune. So if your window motor dies or MFT goes out, you are still covered. If you shell out your motor or trans, you are in for a fight. They actually have to prove it was due to your modification but you'd have to take them to court and that would be very cost prohibitive.

FASTEST & QUICKEST Explorer Sport Quarter Mile

This was the later part of the night where i went the fastest when the air was the coolest. Pulled off the highway right up to the staging lanes and ran 13.06 @ 105.91 followed up by a 13.1. I than let the car sit for about an hour and unbolted the catback so it dumped the exhaust post cats. Didn't do anything for the car, ran a hair quicker on one pass but was most likely due to the air as it was getting cooler, nothing else, The fastest pass was 13.02 @ 105.94. I want to thank KEN from LUND RACING for all the work he has been putting into the explorer sport tuning lately. The best part is he still isn't done and I know he will continue to make improvements.

Intake, Tune, 3rd cat delete, gapped plugs.

2por093.jpg

2enp8d1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, that video has me pumped I'm buying this tune asap!!!!! BAD ASS!!!!

Back